Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Good advice to not focus on your own nerves go and mingle with the students and be personable.

The checklist is vital, that's something I place on the board as part of the objectives to cover in class, it helps keep me focused and on schedule since there's a short amount of time to cover each item. Thanks for the note pad idea, that will be a life-saver.

One important concept I learned from this module is the instructional objectives must have four components: A-Audience, B-Behavior, C-Condition, D-Degree. I will apply this when developing my syllabus and course content.

I think it is very important to lay out guidelines and expectations for the class on the first day, so that not only the students but also the teachers know what the plan is

I learned the need for preparing a syllabus and that it serves as a contract between the student and instructors on what is to be expected for learning in the classroom about a course.

Planning and preparation are the foundation for a good learning session.

using a checklist ensures no topics are missed from the lecture.

Preparation and checklists are a vital part to present oneself to the students as a professional instructor. Jotting down notes is a great way to remember to follow up on corrections to course material and to answer questions for students after researching. 

I love the notepad idea for keeping track of what needs to be done for a student and the lesson or classroom. I also learned about setting measurable goals in the syllabus. 

It's important to plan ahead, look at you student roster try to learn names ahead of time. If your not to sure about name pronunciation, this is why getting to class early is important you have the time to talk to your students ahead of time. You can also see who arrives on time and who doesn't.  

Giving a brief idea about the course syllabus will help the students to understand what they will be learning during the course and aid them in setting their own goals.

Ensuring you have an accurate syllabus is important to ensure students understand the standards for the course. 

Preparation is key and stay organized!

Comment on Catherine McDonald's post: I agree. I also think years of experience in the nursing profession is a great preparation for teaching as well. 

Arriving to your class early gives you the chance to ensure you have no technical difficulties, are fully prepared, and can connect with students.

Planning, time-management, and organization are vital when preparing for lecture courses. Planning helps you stay on track to meet your goals in a timely manner. Time-management is important to make sure you give yourself enough time to achieve learning objectives and course requirements. Organization offers a smooth and less chaotic method to deliver lessons by the instructor and understood and retained by the students.

Teaching plan according to objectives and keeping checklist are the key to successful teaching!

I have learned about the importance of course objective, preparedness, and using many relevant recourses. 

It is important to provide clear goals, course objectives and a syllabus for students. It is also important to determine which instructional method will be most effective.

be prepared!

Sign In to comment