Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

My syllabus tells students about what they will learn and how the learning progresses.

checklist for the instructor and student is good for first day of class

I believe that connecting with the students prior to the class enables the instructor to feel out the student audience prior to communicating the course material to them.

Its importanat to be prepares for your students. Make sure you know the class objective and your class has all they need to understnad the objectives.

It is important to be as prepared as possible. There are a lot of things that are out of our control as educators or things we feel like we do not have enough time for. Planning is something that I feel gets easier with time and the more years you teach. 

it is important to have a structured class, and be and stay prepared

Preparation seems like it is key to success as an educator.  It helps both myself and the students in knowing what's to come and what is expected  

I find it helpful to refer to the syllabus at the beginning of each class or lesson. This reinforces the importance of checking the syllabi, and encourages students to refer to it when they are lost, absent, looking ahead, etc. 

Shaping a positive learning environment will ensure the success of the students.

Early preparation on my part decreases stress of first time meeting students.

Remembering students' names and pronouncing them correctly is very important.  Something as simple as showing up a little early to allow yourself time to make introductions and ensure you're saying names correctly can make a huge impact.

Sign In to comment