Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be prepared and review the course objectives.  Set the tone and provide students with the objectives of the course.

need to be organized, and communicate the objectives, and goals of the class, have ideas to keep students engaged in learning

Stay organized. Make sure the students know what is expected for the term on the first day by going over class objectives.

This lesson was detailed for the instructor especially having a check list for preparation: having objectives and covering all that is listed, setting goals for myself and students. Having the necessary materials I will need.

Putting forth a prepared and organized coursework and learning objective plan will provide a basis to allow students to evaluate their progress and the direction the course will take.

Be willing to arrive early and get to know your students.  Be prepared to not only transfer knowledge but meet the student at their level and help them achieve.

Preparation for class is key. Have a checklist to ensure all topics were covered during a lecture. 

Be more than a robot in front of the class delivering material.  Engage students about the lesson on a personal level.

Creating a checklist of what will be accomplished in class today

keep thoughts on paper not just in your head 

A proper layout or syllabus for the class can help you and the students prepare for what is to come, as well as having a check list to keep you on track while teaching. 

punctuality will help you connect and feel more comfortable with your students as they will with you. its always best to have a plan and be organized.

It is important to have a checklist if you are a new instructor. I learned that  having clear course objectives and syllabus is a must!

Class prep is a needed weekly if not daily. Moving forward, I will prep materials and review course content on a continuous base to incorporate current events that are applicable to students outcomes.

It is a great way of breaking the ice looking forward to great things ahead of time

it is important to keep a checklist of what you want to cover in each lecture or class; that way you stay organized.

Projecting confidence is essential when teaching because it creates trust for the student. Having a plan and creating a good course is a good way to accomplish my teaching goals.

Be comfortable and inviting and ready for anything

I like the checklist and notepad idea. I currently use post it notes, but they can be misplaced easily, so I think I will switch to notepads. I also really enjoy the Harvard video clips.

Always be prepared and utilize a checklist to facilitate the process.  Preparation before the class begins is a key component to success.  

Sign In to comment