Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is impossible to overstate the importance of adequate preparation.  Look at all aspects of the course from the student's perspective and ask yourself if you would be comfortable in the learning environment you created.

It is important to start class on time(get there early) and be prepared.

Anticipation and preparation are important. 

First day sets the tone for the rest of the term.

early and careful planning will help greatly in making your instructional efforts rewarding

to-do lists can come in handy

making sure I am not only on-time but checking on the class if they have any questions that they might have. Also, to keep a checklist so that I can stay on topic; nothing like having a teacher talk about things that do not pertain to class.

I learned that I need to go through the syllabus more carefully and make sure that when I create my lesson plan that the students sign this and I retain a copy so we can refer back to the document.  It will help the student have accountability.  I also learned that it would be helpful to have a check list to make sure I address everything needed for that day.  It would also be helpful to have a note pad available to write down a to do list as things come up.  

The importance of being prepared and reviewing your course prior to teaching in your classroom. It also gave me a great amount of knowledge when it comes to being an instructor. 

I have learned that early prep and planning will lead to a more successful experience for both the instructor and students. 

It is important to prepare and plan in advance for classes.  also, having a checklist so that you can ensure you have covered all of the information with the students.  The syllabus is a detailed contract between the instructor and the student.

YOU can never be too prepared. How can you expect your students to perform if you cannot adhere to basic preparation to the level expected of them

Making sure that you are prepared when coming to class.  

1.  Note pad

2.  Check list of items to be covered

3.  come early

I am a very organized type, but clearly I need a lot of preparation in this context. Info was very helpful for me.

The class I'm teaching already had a topical outline. This helped me greatly and allowed me to make some changes where needed depending on the class needs.

It is important to be prepared /make a check list.

Preparation is a key to get ready for the class

always be prepared, show up early and start class on time

Have a notepad ready

listen to feedback, have a peer look over the syllabus to make sure you have everything covered

make a checklist

It's important to stay organized when preparing for and teaching a class

by reviewing objectives, it gives an understanding on what will be happening and shows a structured element to the course. 

Sign In to comment