Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I plan to make a checklist, show up early, get all my equipment prepared, and greet everyone as they walk in!

I learned the significance of objectives, check list, syllabus and being on time.

It's important to be clear when creating goals and objectives, which then will develop in the syllabus or course outline. I learned that a goal should be a road map and objectives should include  details and specifics helping the students know what is expected. 

bring a notepad to class to jot things down so they will not be missed

Proper prior planning prevents poor performance. Create a checklist to stay organized, and always keep a notepad handy.

I’ve learned planning and preparation are the keys to success. It minimizes your stress of being new to instructing a course or having a new group of students. Both you and your students can share feelings of being nervous but your preparation help alleviate some of this. 
Also, don’t depend on your own memory. Keep a notebook to take notes, leave reminders for yourself, and keep track of your things to do. 

Definitely organizing the class with a checklist. Tell them what you're going to tell them, then tell them, then tell them what you told them. Sort of repetition-review and tying checklists to learning objectives

Make sure I have a well laid out syllabus ad cover it with the students, so they know the expectations and course requirements expected from them.

Be professional but also personable with the students. 

To be prepared and keep notes if necessary.

its important to have goals set so students can complete any objectives they have following your syllabus. Having a good teaching environment is essentials so prepare early and carefully for what's next to come.

The importance of a syllabus to our students.

By keeping a check list, you will greatly benefit in your goal of staying on task while teaching a course.

take adequate time to plan and prepare the education material

As an instructor, get into the habit of making a list, so you can cross check to deliver your content and not deviate from it.

A checklist works for me.

Make a check list of all topics I want to cover in my classes. Keep a notepad/notebook handy for reference to what I told each student I would do for them. Get to class early so I can greet each student and have things prepared.

We all were students at some point. So, using my past experiences and answering the questions I had as a student on the first day of class is important. I recall sitting on the first day of class wondering if I was going to go home and drop the class based on the information given the first day! Therefore, I will make sure to be prepared, and set my expectations but also make students feel at ease. I want students to use me as a resource and not be scared to ask for help. 

Preperation is crucial for student success

Just like if you are hosting a party work them room before the start of the class. Get to know your audience a little bit and be present in the moment with your class. If you are unsure, you never want to embarrass yourself or the student, learn to pronounce names you are unsure of. 

Be clear in syllabus about objectives and materials that will be covered, be prepared to answer questions that may arise. Understand no question is a dumb question even it the answer is in the written materials.

Sign In to comment