Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned the importance of showing up early to the class. Also the importance of planning ahead and planning out the entire class schedule/syllabus. The syllabus creates a tone for the classroom. 

We should learn to develop different instructional tools such as 

• Create strategies for preparing for the first class meeting.
  • Recognize ways of selecting supportive instructional material.
  • Write goals and objectives for courses.
  • Develop a course syllabus.
  • Analyze learning environments.

Be on time and prepare. These are my strong points

It's important to be prepared for classes beforehand, I plan to keep a note pad with me .

Be as detailed as possible and always be prepared

From this module, I have learned about the importance of knowing ALL of the material (text, syllabus, etc) that the students are expected to know.

Checklists are important

Its best to arrive early and go over your checklist to make sure you are prepared.

I really like the idea of a first day of class checklist.  Over the years I have come to realize that if I don't have a first day checklist written out that I inevitably forget to mention something I wanted to mention.

It is so important to be ready and prepared as an instructor, because the instructor does not have a second chance to make a first impression. It is always a good idea have the room set up days a head, and then a day before class starts, go back and scan the room to ensure that everything is in the right place, and you are ready to with all your nerves intact.

a notebook will be helpful keeping track of my to do and check in with students. I will use this moving forward. 

Being prepared for the course, the week, and the day of class will help in projecting Professionalism in the course material and allowing for a template for being able to present the material to the class, understand the material being taught and an overall better learning environment for the students.

Proper preparation prevents poor performance

Lecture transfers knowledge, skill is learned through practice.

The layout and organization of a text book is important to a student

Make sure the curriculum your teaching is current and relevant

A syllabus should contain lots of detail. It sets the tone and expectations for a course.

Planning and preparing before a course will help the students understand the requirements of the course.

I have learned that planning and preparation are essential steps in the process of transferring knowledge to students. I plan to ensure I'm covering all my bases as an instructor outside the classroom so that I am fully prepared to give my students the best educational experience possible while inside the classroom. 

Be prepared! Review content before class. Arrive early to be able to receive students and welcome them. Keep a notepad to jot down action items and things you need to do for students.

The ABCD parameters were something I learned that was new! And emphasizing the importance of collaborating with your fellow instructors can always be helpful

This module reinforced how I currently plan and set up my labs/organize the presentations etc.

Instructional objectives should include four components: audience, behavior, condition, and degree

Sign In to comment