Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I will make sure I always have a checklist to make sure I have covered all of the important topics. I will start creating class goals, and individual goals for each of my students. I also make sure I have a tone set in the classroom to where my students are motivated to learn and also be comfortable and confident to ask questions. 

Use checklists to ensure you accomplished everything you needed. Be prepared in the classroom.

Show up early and be prepared.  Students will know when an instructor is poorly prepared.

Facilitating a class cause anxiety, although, inevitable preparation helps ease the anxiety. 

Make sure to be prepared for your classes. Also, have a syllabus that gives the full layout of the course

Set the tone in the classroom, be prepared, create goals and objectives.

Have clear outlines for the course. 

As an instructor being prepared and organized is important. Arriving 30 mins. early and greeting your students by their names helps build that trust and respect towards each other. Incorporating  ABCD- A-Audience, B-Behavior, C-condition and D-Degree 

To be effective in class you have to have all your ducks in a row and stick to the core of what you are teaching.

No teacher is fully effective without LOTS of planning and prep.

Well-written goals help the students to understand where they are going, and well-written objectives help them to understand the steps they are following to get to the desired end result of having the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their chosen field.

I think the ability to plan, breathe, relax and relate is critical to a functioning class environment that enables learning.

I am beginning my second term this week and I can appreciate the reassurance that I am doing well in my efforts to maintain organization while preparing for my courses.  I do keep a notebook where I take notes on things I need to improve or research more so that I am better prepared for future students.  I record students feedback and encourage real time feedback from my students about what they would like to see implemented in the curriculum.  I write myself notes all the time about various things and make checklists to prepare for upcoming class sessions. I do typically spend several hours reviewing course content before each class and try my best to come up with creative ways to deliver the course content.

Being prepared for class ahead of time helps ease jitters, inspires confidence, and puts the focus where it should be, on teaching.

I found this very helpful, and took away that the more you plan and prepare with course outlines and syllabus the better your outcome will be. Also I liked the making a to-do list and always having a note pad, which I practice already and have found very useful.

Being prepared for class involves a well developed syllabus, a room that is ready for the students and knowing your material.  This sets the tone for the students and makes it easier to hold them accountable.

Have a checklist and be well prepared in advance

you want to stay on top of the classroom and be organized with all expectations set so there is no confusion!

Be prepared (review course objectives, write checklist, use ABCD of instruction)

Set the tone of the classroom and hold students accountable. 

I have learned that having the write books for your course is very imperative, preparing foe class and arriving early is essential. Researching different resources and learning materials, and caring a note pad to ensure you have everything for that day and you remember things you have do for your students.

Sign In to comment