Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What I learned in this course is to be prepared for the class. Objectives, a syllabi, and early preparation is necessary for a successful course.

Comment on Reynie Joseph's post: I agree collaborating with other instructors on class preparation is needful.

Facilitate the learning environment by having structure and being ready

Preparation on the part of the instructor will encourage preparation on the part of the students.

Its really important to be prepared for class, to have a notepad and checklist to insure I cover everything

By being prepared it sets the tone for a successful teaching and learning experience by all!

To review the material prior to starting the course

Comment on Tikeama Buckingham's post:  i agree

This module really stood out for me the importance of being prepared and on time for the students 

Arriving early to your class allows time to ensure you are prepared to meet the students, interact with everyone and keep a note pad to ensure nothing is missed and questions are answered at the end of class.

being prepared is a key into a successful class

Good, to be ready early for labs and talk to students before class starts. 

Basically, this module stresses the importance of utilizing and keeping top-notch organization skills for the class you will teach. Extensive preparation is essential to be successful. Know the students needs and names, come to class early, have the class prepped for well in advance, have a very concise syllabus. Keeping a notepad nearby at all times will keep your thoughts organized throughout the day to not forget anything important.

I've learned the relevance of curriculum and applying it to the classroom discussion on a solid timeline

To be more prepared and make sure I have everything I need for class. To have a notebook handy at all times, for supply lists, reminders of things coming up.

Organization and being prepared is key!

Creating a checklist of what you are covering will help make sure you actually convey all the info you need to get through in a class.

With the teaching environment, putting yourself in the student's perspective is a great idea.

Accurate planning of your course translated into your syllabus not only lays a solid foundation of being prepared, it also dictates to the student what they are about to be taught within taking your class.  Also, goals and and set accomplishments to reach them are pathways to ensure great success in transfer of knowledge to students.

Being prepared and having a clear knowledge of your curriculum will set you up for success with your teaching.

Sign In to comment