Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reply to Michelle DeJong's post: Reply to Laura Hogins's post: You made an excellent point.  This is the essence of true leadership.  

I learned that I will need to develop the two attributes that will define my teaching style: my professional presentation and delivery of my subject.

Instructors are life long learners and one needs a development plan to better serve themselves and the students.  

What I have learned from this module includes the importance of setting achievable but challenging expectations, adhering to campus policies, and following through consistently with disciplinary action or praise. I have also learned that I need to model the type of professionalism and behavior that I want to see in my students. I also want to be approachable and be familar with the resources that are available to my students who need special accomodations or more assistance.

I took away that I will need to be a model of what the students see in the industry. Leading the classroom and being a good listener and communicator will help me be successful.

How I am able to take this model and apply the knowledge to seek advice from my peer. 

Be professional, be a good leader and manager well, and set great examples for the students to follow.

Be a good Model remember, remember  the 5 Cs; Credibe,Candid, Camapssionate, Committed and Clear. also my compentencies in technical,professional, Personal

As a leader remember to be a good role model . The 5 "C's"- be Credible, Candid, Compassionate, Committed and Clear.

Also  remember the 3 compitencies - Tehcnical, Professional and Personal!

I truly believe I lead by example!

Reply to Teresa Aldi's post:One thing that always bothered me when I was in Nursing school was one of my professors was always late. She never held herself accountable but expected us to. Eventually she was let go. 

The success or failure of students is directly related to the type of modeling an instructor uses.

I learned how important it is to model, manage and motivate your students and to be aware of having a personal professional development plan.

As an instructor, be humble, knowledgeable, organized, approachable, confident, professional, and willing to motivate.

To captivate and motivate, one needs to be prepared and willing to connect and to exude excitment about their field. 

I have learned to develop my skills as an instructor. This course has taught me to focus on improving my instruction techniques in the classroom. In addition, this course has supported my professional development plan for continuing education.

Go in prepared, not at the last minute. SHow your students you love what you do and teaching on.

It is important to know the content you are teaching, but it is just as important to present the content in a format that the students can understand.

Continue growing as an instructor by attending post degree certification courses and tranining. 

"Model, manage and motivate" 

In a addition, be humble and be profession 

but do show your ability in front of the students in the first class meeting

Sign In to comment