Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Leading by example be it with our soft and/or hard skills. As we are showing others how to behave in a professional setting.

One take away from this course is to create a detailed professional development plan. This includes exact learning goals, courses, competencies and the schedule by which you will complete each. This strategy reminds me of SMART goal setting!

Set a good example.

I appreciated the discussion about the types of professionalism.

I have learn that taking courses for professional development can help me integrate theory and practice to develop skills in areas important to teaching.

Continuously study develop knowledge and improve the class flow using experience and technology to create interactive environment in the class.

These are all things I've used in the the classroom for a long time.  I think the biggest takeaway for me was, "never assume you're the smartest person in the room just because you're the instructor".  I've been taught things by students many times, and if anything, I think it helps boost their confidence when they get to teach you something.

Model to the students what a professional Nurse looks like in the field as well as the classroom. 

I feel like this is the most important part of teaching and professionalism.  Common kindness and a positive attitude with peers and colleagues is so very important.  I know we all have some bad days sometimes, but keeping them for home time is always good practice. When we are here, we are to make learning and being at work fun.

I think looking professional and also making sure you are prepare and ready to learn with interactive learning and not just lecture.  Make the students think that you LOVE :) this content, even if it isn't your favorite.

This is a great course and learning the combination of the three areas that should be covered as an instructor is so true to what I believe.

Be a role model and practice professionalism

I love the model, manage, and motivate topics.  I also appreciate the suggestion of shadowing other instructors to see how they do thing in their classroom.  

The three major roles that we play in our position, should set the expectation for the student of who they want to be when they enter the workforce.  

This module reinforced the importance of being a curator, conductor, facilitator that you show, model and perform the profession to others.

Lead by example, continue to learn for professional growth

The 5 C's and instructor roles!

Sign In to comment