Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We must always display passion with our professionalism. Passion is contagious and motivates our students. As others have said, leading, modeling, motivating and managing are prime things to maintain a forward leaning classroom.

I learned a few things. The biggest takeaway is to be an encourager but not a friend because it ruins the student-teacher relationship.

Be the leader in your class room and lead by example.

It is important to be a role model inside and outside of the classroom.  Being prepared for each class sets the tone for the students.

Lead, be a role model, and keep up to date. 

Lead by example and always be professional

In order to motivate students, model what you expect of them. Be honest and show genuine interest and enthusiasm for what is being learned.

Basically, as the leader of the classroom you need to own the room with professionalism and confidence!

I learned to be a friend to the students and not a pal. And be a teacher that students can look up to and relate to. Do not go to your classes/ clinical being a "know it all', because there will always be someone smarter than you in the classroom.

Hello,

I have learned that an instructor should ensure their competency and confidence in the subject they are teaching. Instructors should build relationships with their students, they should trust you. Continuing education is needed for improving your knowledge skills.

Know your subject and be excited about teaching it!! I strive for that in every session but there are days the lesson requires stuff I'm not excited about...but I should be excited anyway b/c this reflects on how my class absorbs the subject matter as well. Thank you.

Be prepared, be prompt, be professional, be passionate. My field knowledge, while being my pride, is not my measure of professionalism as a teacher. My professionalism is measured by my teaching skill - not something I had ever thought about before.

Focus more on passion for the subject than knowledge of the subject to win over students if you lack confidence in teaching.

The main concept that I have learned from this module is maintaining a high standard of professionalism at all times. Students will model the behavior that you showcase. So, showcasing a high standard of professionalism will help the students be professional within their work industry of choice.

Lead by example! Show the students that you are there for them, and to help them succeed!

To improve my teaching, I need a specific plan of action.  Learning is the most important thing occurring in a classroom.

I truly believe that respect is a two way street. Give respect and earn respect. The best memories of professional instructors that I have is that they were up-beat, respectful and motivating. These professional instructors didn't always have every answer, but, they would respectfully let the class know that they would research and return with an answer, and they followed through with their promise. 

As a semi new teacher, I found the information in this module to be eye opening. Model, Manage, Motivate is a great way to have a successful career in any field

This module was very help full, I appreciate the reminder to instructors that we should not try to prove that we are the smartest ones in the room. Stay humble and professional with the students, and focus on the schools goal.  

I learned model, manage, and motivate!  Most importantly stay humble!

Sign In to comment