Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Preparedness is key.

The section on professionalism being constant was very interesting to me. I agree entirely but have not seen that written before. 

great stragaties to impliment

By watching the videos and listening to the procedures of becoming a better educator/instructor, I have learned new ways of doing a better job in the classroom .

As an instructor I need to have technical competence, professional competence, and personal competence so that I can effectively model, manage and motivate students. To be an effective instructor that creates and maintains a positive role I need to be credible, candid, compassionate, committed, and clear. I plan to apply what I learned to help develop my instructional style...which I have no idea what my particular instructional style is. 

Being an instructor is more than just disiminating information.  To be a successful instructor I have to remember to show compassion, I need to be commited to my students, and I need to remember that I am modeling professional behavior to my students. I need to be excited about the content and opportunity to share my knowledge and experiences.  I need to be willing to better myself for the good of the students.  

What i got from this module is that you will always have an impact of students so plan for that. lead by example. Gain their attention. Make them interested and excited about what will be going on in the class room that day. In the end even if they dont act like it, they will be greatful for what you have taught them

Being genuine, inspiring, and professional are the three characteristics I summarized and reemphasized in my learning during this section of the course.  Secondly, understanding that one can be friendly without becoming a "bestie friend" with the students is paramount to keep the professional lines clear and to not lose objectivity in my teaching is also key.

Lead by example. Motivate students by demonstration. Stay current in educational trainings.

I am not a babysitter and do not have to enable the students.

Lead by example and be willing to learn from those more seasoned than you Or who utilize best practices that show results.

lead your students in the right direction and motivate them

Common sense is a major tool used in your development as an instructor. You need to lead by example acting as model, manager and motivator. Use resources provided by your institution or experience to continue your growth as a teacher.

Leading by example is key. Always be professional with my time, appearance, and the way that I treat people.

the alliteration in these modules:

model, manage, motivate

credible, candid, compassionate, committed, clear 

Also to not assume you are the smartest person in the room. there probably is a student in the class who is smarter but you must show your passion about your subject to your students. 

With my instructional style development, I can use my past experience with other instrustors to shape my own style of teaching. 

I am teaching nursig students so it is important to be excited and knowledgable about the subject I am teaching. I have learned that professionalism is important by way of leading by example. 

Lead by example and be a role model for your students. Represent what you expect from them.

Use more technology to present the material, to motivate more the students, no just old system

Developing a personal career growth plan is important.  I have felt the need to do this, but, did not consider a formal approach it the development.  I will work on this.  I plan to explore the options available from my institution to assist me in the development of my plan.

Sign In to comment