Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I really enjoyed learning about the 5 C's.  I would have to say this was the biggest takeaway for me.

The instructor should be very knowledgeable in the subject area and be an example to his/ her students. He must always strive for improvement so the students will get the most up-to-date information at all times

The five C's are an integral part of teaching

I'm realizing that there are many ways to be successful, and how important it is to stay on top of current practice, how quickly things are changing in healthcare. The content really helps to keep things in perspective and provides reminders of how to lead by example. 

Self reflection of what is effective as an instructor as well as leading students to reach their maximum potential.

"Learing in the most important thing going on in a classroom, not teaching"

The emphasis is on the student and not the teacher.  Remember who you are here for.

The biggest take away for me is that you may not be the smartest person in the class! So keep that in mind as you lecture/interact with your students.

Never stop learning and set the example of leadership through action.

I like the lesson about model, manage, and motivate. Lead by example and model the behavior you want the students to develop and be proficient in the healthcare environment.

As a leader, you're one of the main focus points students see and are the face of the topic they're learning about. Use the 3 M's to your advantage and don't try to be something you're not.  

The instructor must always improve and be abreast of the latest developments in the area. Must be a motivator and an example to the students.

This course was extremely interesting to me as well as a review. I took this course in my graduate program, and I took quite an interest then just as I did presently.  I was reminded to be a positive role model by leading by example with your head and heart, always remain professional, have technical, professional, and personal competence. 

It’s very important for professional development in any career of your choosing. However, being an educator, not only am I responsible for educating my students, but where my own personal learning must continue as well. Having a professional development plan will assist me with improvement and expanding my own knowledge. I look at it as my own vision and mission regarding my career.

I believe in reflecting and being current makes a better teacher.  Any suggestions for being current?

I liked the emphasis on preparation, which enables the 5C's.  If one is anxious about teaching because they feel ill-prepared, or lacking knowledge - the predictable anxiety alone would undermine credibility, render candid discussions improbable, inhibit compassion because anxiety would compete, show a lack of committment, and make clear instructions almost impossible.  "Succedss depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation ther is sure to be failure."- Confucious

The importance of leading by example. Also, continue to grow as an instructor. Model, manage, and motivate! If you love what you do, It will show in your instruction in the classroom.

Lead by example, especially with punctuality and stay humble (I am not the smartest in the room, and I am fine with that.)

Have an open mind to discover self and the best way to help students to learn.  The first priority for students is to learn not teaching.  This was an AH-HA moment going through the content.

This is very interesting as a first time instructor.  The information makes sense and I look forward to putting it into practice.

3 Major roles: Model = be a person of exellence, Manage = bring a everything together and Motivate = help others get to their goal.  Also develop yourself, be yourself and apply yourself to career and students.

Sign In to comment