Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Being genuine and interested in the subject is contagious. Showing up on time, being prepared, delivering the content in a way that conveys "this is important; this matters" can make all the difference in whether students buy in. I want to improve the cadence of my face to face classes and promote interaction among the students. Covid made that difficult, but I can find creative ways to work in spite of those restrictions. 

Moedle, manage and motive and be professional at all times. Use my education and expirence to motivate the students as well as their progression as professionals.

I learned to always lead by example and stay up to date as best as possible.

Continue to grow and improve teaching skills. Seek out resources. Evaluate yourself and make planned improvements.

show  currency of practice.  jf

Always lead by example because your students are watching your every move.

The 5C's were my biggest take away and im looking forward to having this videos available to rewatch if need be. *I also REALLY appreciated that there was the option to read, listen or watch these.. I was blown away by that attention to detail regarding the kind of learners WE as instructors might be... WCU - raising the bar 

It stressed the importance of planning and being knowledgable about every aspect of the industry you're teaching. Make a plan to always try to improve, assess, keep up to date with changes in requirements, keep in mind retention and replacement, and join professional organizations for support. Mostly though I got out of this to be excited about what you teach and that is one of the key things that will motivate your students to want to continue to learn.

Reply to Thelma Ailsworth's post: really that does seem to be the big takeaway here. I'm new to teaching myself but luckily have been a lifelong learner myself. So yes, super important to keep in mind!

Leading by example is probably the best method for teaching.

Model, Manager, and Motivator are important roles that are utilized by instructors to aid in educating students. 

purposeful prior planing prevents poor performance .

Develop professionalism and keeping students motivated.

Be the Instuctor that you could learn from

I enjoyed this course as I saw some teaching styles that are not conducive to an effective learning environment. However some of these styles are being used. I am always looking for ways to improve or to become more diversified in my techniques, considering all students are different as well as their learning styles/preferences.

As an educator, we must encourage, empower and educate

as aleader and mentor it is important to understand your students and to get to know them

Well from what Ive read thus far, I need to identify areas I want to improve and monitor my progress working towards those areas as well as my professional development in general.

Great information on being able to adapt and reach your students on many levels based on their needs. 

Stay humble, lead by example and maintain a professioanl appearance and attititude. First impression is a lasting one so remember that upon entering and engaging with students. 

Sign In to comment