Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As a seasoned instructor, i'm always open to different perspectives of teaching. What resonated the most with me in this module is preparation. I know how important it is to be the first to arrive in the class. It is a completely different energy that sets the tone of the class when i'm there to greet each student. The students feel important and they trust that I care about them and the knowledge that i'm going to share that day. 

The 5 Cs were a good one also not trying to dazzel new studients with your credientials

Let students see the love you have for your subject.  Lead by example

Have a high level of professionalism and fairness. Show the students that you are fair and competent but also human.

Learning is the most important thing happening in the classroom-- not teaching.

I agree with all of the above. I also liked the idea of dressing as you would in the field, be a cheerleader and show the students that you care.

Be professional, know your material, and project confidence.

As an Instructor, I should model the behaviors I expect from my students and always be fair, firm and consisitant.

use resources to learn about resources?? OK

Learning is the most important thing, not teaching. Student-first.

You will teach better content when you are excited about and knowledgeable about the subject you are teaching. 

"Model, Manager Motivator"

Really a great way to frame the concept of insructing and to start to conceptualize being and improving on these three postures.

You have to care, if you don't care, then nothing that follows will matter or produce anything of merit.

Be professional, model an example

Compassionate, professional and to be the leader. Continue to learn and fall in love with the subject I am teaching! Show up ealry and make extra time for them. 

Lead by example, always be prepared for class and set a positive example in a positine anf welcoming environment

Model 

Manage 

Motivate 

Always lead by example.

Most learning occurs outside the classroom. Looking back to my experience in nursing school, that does seem to fit at least anecdotally.

Learning is constant!

Model and motvite with connitued passion but also professional development as apart o my plan as an instructor.

Sign In to comment