Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

restricted evaluations

grading evaluations is set to a standard sent by H-D

old cirriculums

i save old study guides to see if anything used before is now usable again

current events

here at MMI we have several choice's of media to find current info to use in class

try to have a fresh attitude daily

when teaching the same subject or course on a continuous schedule it is neccessay to come with a fresh approach.

back up

I see who will be in my class amd go from that.

grading system

The biggest problem is having a grading system that works for everybody.

who I am

If you know the subject, and know it well you should have no problem.

Know the subject

I use all sorts of media to help the students learn.

delivery methods

make sure you try to deliver the information to all 4 learning styles if at all possible

feedback

make sure you give feedback to each student if they did well or not

different students

different students learn at different rates be prepared!!

knowing yourself

Knowing who you are and where your going will help motivate the students to want to learn from you

you are correct I was talking job specific

grading system

the task doesn't matter easy or hard stress that the procedure, the safety facter, the correct use of tools, the correct time frame,all lab partners participating equally this is the difference in one students grade over the other

plan on things going wrong or interruptions and when they happen it's not a fustration and it's easier to get the students to go along when you get upset so does the student

white boards and power points

both of these methods are benefical but don't read the power point use it only as a reference the student can read the presentation you have to be able to deliver the content yourself

type of instructor

I want to be proud of the influence I've instored in the student if he is a success then I did what was right Every time a student graduates from our school he takes our reputation with him

To much time.

Even though some of my students do tend to finish there assignments early it gives me a chance to have them go back to a lab and instead of just doing the the lab,now i ask them to get more in depth and more advanced in there research. So in stead of just finding the problem i might ask them to find the cause of the problem.

New Instructor

I didn't know how much your personality could affect me as an instructor. Brian

back up or additional material?

Most delivery back up plans end up being additional material for the class to use. Ive noticed that most of the time that back up ends up being used to fill up time but also used as standard matirial for the course. Since this is the case should I ceate another back up?