Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Thanks

Thanks

Special Populations

My Universal Design for Learning course was a great way to gain an understanding of this concept.  I plan to ask our CTE teachers to take this course to sharpen what they are doing in the classroom to achieve inclusion.

Really Enjoyed this course. Thank you

Really Enjoyed this course. Thank you

More classroom discussion

With a limited amount of time i need to maximize my efficency. i Have my class 5 hours a week and would like them to get the most out of it. Tips?

Lesson Plan

How detailed should planning be?

interactive learning

many different techniques can be introdued to promote learning that is fun for the students and instructor

think pair share

fishbowl 

jigsaw

I love the freedom this gives the students

Love being a facilitator, and with the student having more control over his/her learning environment, they will be more into their studies making our job less stressful and more edifying.  

Ekg

What is an ekg done for

Is it right to deduct credit points from a student if a student forgets his safety glasses?

classroom and field training

showing a student material in the class and taking them to a actual business and showing them

Essential Teaching Strategies | Origin: ED405

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Essential Teaching Strategies

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too

Adaptive Learning Beyond Today | Origin: ED123

Adaptive Learning in Education --> Adaptive Learning Beyond Today

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

New Trends and Critical Application | Origin: ED134

Literacy is Not an Option --> New Trends and Critical Application

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The Impact of Newer Literacy Skills and Use | Origin: ED134

Literacy is Not an Option --> The Impact of Newer Literacy Skills and Use

Critical Characteristics of New Literacy | Origin: ED134

Literacy is Not an Option --> Critical Characteristics of New Literacy

Defining Critical Aspects of Literacy | Origin: ED134

Literacy is Not an Option --> Defining Critical Aspects of Literacy

Engagement | Origin: ED133

Universal Design for Learning --> Engagement

Action and Expression | Origin: ED133

Universal Design for Learning --> Action and Expression

Representation | Origin: ED133

Universal Design for Learning --> Representation

Introduction to Universal Design for Learning (UDL) | Origin: ED133

Universal Design for Learning --> Introduction to Universal Design for Learning (UDL)