Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Beauty School planners

I am a cosmetology instructor, planning is fun but how do i get them to retain all that i have planned?

Adaptive learning for career college students

As students enter the career colleges for professional training such as nursing, they enter with various knowledge base, study habits and motivations.  The individualized adaptive learning tool will assist students achieve the objectives with less frustration and reduce the drop out rate.   

prior class test

when taking a prior class test, how to consider the involvement time that the assessment of the test takes?

Grading rubics

Should be used to support objective of lesson plan

Definition

What does RAM stand for?

Lecture

Lecture is the most vital part of you class from this point on information will be transferred.

Lesson Plans

I need to assess what works and what did not for the next time I teach this course.  

Power point note taking without printing so much paper

Does anyone have experience with giving a "paper free" power point lecture ? I knwo the students need to make notes in the sidelines. Is there a way to give them access to the slides by download then they canadd notesin the side ? Has anyone tried this and how did it work for you ?

making objectives relevant

what do others use to connect with students?

Tech Fear

For those of us who are not as tech inclined as many of our students, how did you get past the intimidation to advance in your teaching methods?

make-up exams

If you do not have a facility that the student can go to take make-up exams.  How do I work that so I am not sitting in a classroom (extra time for me) watching a student take a make-up exam?

visual aides

I find models very effective in small group learning

Power Point

I have moved from rarely using Power Point in my lectures to having it in almost all my lectures.  I try very hard to make sure they are useful in the education of the students.  The problem is that some students think that all they need to study are the Power Points from the lecture and they will do well in the class.  This is not true and I DO tell them during different parts of the semester that they should not be focusing only on the Power Points when they are studying for the exams.

Roger

Stakeholders

I read that the instructors were the main stakeholders for ADL, but that students also have a stake in their educational content. Which is correct?

WOW

why only limit your self 

powerpoints

what are some powerpoint online websites you use.

profile test

what on line profile test have you used?

LMS

What is the acronym, " LMS"?

Lesson plans

I have used different colored folder for my lesson plans of the different classes I teach. This helps me stay organized and help reduce stress and time when preparing for my classes.

"hands on"

How does this effect schools that require a more Hands on type of learning like automotive ?