Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Insights Regarding Adaptive Learning | Origin: ED128

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Practical Applications for Adaptive Learning --> Insights Regarding Adaptive Learning

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The Model of Decisions in Adaptive Learning | Origin: ED128

Practical Applications for Adaptive Learning --> The Model of Decisions in Adaptive Learning

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Elements of Adaptive Learning | Origin: ED128

Practical Applications for Adaptive Learning --> Elements of Adaptive Learning

Technology and Methodology | Origin: ED128

Practical Applications for Adaptive Learning --> Technology and Methodology

Implementation of Adaptive Learning | Origin: ED123

Adaptive Learning in Education --> Implementation of Adaptive Learning

Shifts and Changes in Education | Origin: ED123

Adaptive Learning in Education --> Shifts and Changes in Education

Importance of Adaptive Learning | Origin: ED123

Adaptive Learning in Education --> Importance of Adaptive Learning

Support Material, Notes, and Assessment | Origin: ED109

Preparing and Creating Lesson Plans --> Support Material, Notes, and Assessment

Learning Objectives and Standards | Origin: ED109

Preparing and Creating Lesson Plans --> Learning Objectives and Standards

Overview of Lesson Plans | Origin: ED109

Preparing and Creating Lesson Plans --> Overview of Lesson Plans

Preparation for Lesson Planning | Origin: ED109

Preparing and Creating Lesson Plans --> Preparation for Lesson Planning

Creating an Evaluation System | Origin: ED105

Instructional Planning for Student Success --> Creating an Evaluation System

Troubleshooting Instructional Strategies | Origin: ED105

Instructional Planning for Student Success --> Troubleshooting Instructional Strategies

Selecting Instructional Delivery Methods | Origin: ED105

Instructional Planning for Student Success --> Selecting Instructional Delivery Methods

Preparing Yourself for the Classroom | Origin: ED105

Instructional Planning for Student Success --> Preparing Yourself for the Classroom

Effective Use of Power Point Slides

It is very important to keep the bullet points to five.  Remember it is a guide to keep the instructor on track and guide the student in topics to read in their book.  It is important to have equal amounts of white space between your bullets.  Graphics should be carefully considered to reinforce the content and not be perceived as offensive. Please, do not read from power points.  If you have thought it out and prepared the slides you know your material and the content should come across as a discussion. 

Ora Robinson

Knowing your personality

Twenty plus years ago when I started teaching I had a flat affect. I was shy back then and scared to be in front of a crowd.  Being a psychiatric nurse I had a standard affect for the different type of behavioral challenges we encounter as well as an affect when standing on the bus stop in a bad part of the city.  Fast forward, I secured a full time position as a psychiatric instruct at a community college.  They put us through rigorous requirements over 5 years to dig deep into introspection, reflection and getting feedback from peers on… >>>

Literacy & learning

I think as learning is a contieous process, so literacy skills should be. Creating more chances to gain & perfect litracy skills should be a priority in every practical context as well as every class. This may cause the instuctors to go an extra mile to make it to happen. I will start with myself!

PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF ADAPTIVE LEARNING

HOW CAN I CONVINCE THE ADMINSTRATION TO APPLY THIS IMPROVED LEARNING TECHNIQUE IN MY COLLEGE?

adaptive learning

Is there a more popular ALS than the other or are these just tailor made by each individual instructor?