Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Testing and Grading

Grading is done with the students being in charge of their own destiny while testing is the responsibility of the instructor to cover the course material in a manner the students can fully comprhend.

Hi Thomas:

You're right about testing being the responsibility of the instructor to cover the course material in a manner the students can fully comprehend.

I think grading is also the responsibility of the instructor. By definition, grading inplies an assessment of achievement conducted by the instructor. Although there are some situations where student grading is appropriate, in most cases, the instructor does the grading.

I would agree that the student is reponsible to be prepared to be graded. That is entirely appropriate. Better instructors will make sure their students are prepared to have their work graded with favorable results.

Regards, Barry

I TOTALLY AGREE,
IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSTRUCTOR TO MAKE SURE HIS/HER STUDENTS ARE WELL PREPARED TO TAKE A TEST THEREFORE GRADING SHOULD REFLECT THE LEVEL OF PREPARENESS OF THE STUDENTS AND FAVORABLE RESULT WOULD MEAN THAT THE INSTRUCTOR WAS ABLE TO REACH THE STUDENTS AND THE OPPOSIT WILL MEAN THAT THE INSTRUCTOR MAY NEED TO ADJUST HIS/HER CONTENT DELIVERY. AT THE END OF THE DAY WE AS INTRUCTORS HAVE THE RESPONSIBILITY TO TEACH AND TO FIND THE WAY TO REACH EACH AND EVERY STUDENT AND THE RESULTS WILL SPEAK FOR THEM SELVES.

Sign In to comment