Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Delvery Methods

I have the opprotunity to use several methods
of delivering the information needed to succeed.

Hi Thomas:

Choosing the correct media and resorces can make the difference between a just so-so classroom experience, and a dynamic one for the students.

What is important in considering how best to present your subject matter is related to the student learning outcomes you want to see achieved. Without these clearly defined, it's kind of like leaving for vacation without a map or plan.

Regards, Barry

I agree on choosing the correct media item,I always make sure it deals with the subject matter and insturcting on how to repair motorcycles I don't want to show pictures of a bad accedent and living in p.c. world of today you have to be careful not to afend anyone

Greg:

You've got a good point.

Another aurgument could be made about the importance of using the correct tools and procedures to avoid bloody accidents during the repair process. Also, perhaps underscoring appropriate procedures can minimize the potential for hazard - presented in a framework of consumer safety.

But to just show images for shock value without relating those images directly to couse content would not be a good idea.

Regards, Barry

During lectures with power point presentations, I give alot of hands on demo's and field tips, students tend to pay alot more attention.

Hi Karl:
Combining senses (hearing, touching, seeing, doing)and delivery format creates a multimedia apoproach to learning. I would agree that students are bound to pay more attention in this kind of environment.

Regards, Barry

I agree handouts are a source that helps conicide
with reading materials

Hi Janice:
Handouts, and many other media are very effective to accompany the reading assignments.

Regards, Barry

Having the freedom to use several delivery methods(power point, hands on, practical’s, show and tell, labs)for one class can make a huge difference in my classes.

I absolutely agree with utilizing different methods to deliver material. Often times I incorporate the VAK (visual, audio, and kinesthetic) system into my classes because every student has a different learning style.

Sign In to comment