Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Managing e learning environment can be challenging.  Each student learns differently and participates differently.  Teachers need to keep documentation at all times and encourage students individually based on their learning and participation styles. 

Understanding that there are different types of learners that are in the online learning setting. Finding a way to engage all learning types will be important to the success of not only the student but the instructor. Online settings can be alienating so ensuring that students have resources including technical resources will be important to retention. 

Students can challenge the instructors on different levels. Keeping them involved is always important 

Instructors must use a record-keeping system that is simple and effective. Moreover, instructors should do all they can for students to alleviate alienation, excessive workload, competition, and technical issues.

I learned how to effectively manage an e-learning course.I acquired knowledge on how I could detect and address issues with participants to ensure their learning goals are met and good attrition rates are maintained.

Managing an online learning environment can have the same kinds of challenges as a face-to-face course. It is important to address any disruptive or inappropriate student behavior quickly and professionally, just as you would in any other academic setting. 

Document everything! At ACC I am learning still what is smart to document and what is something I can handle via email with a student, but after this I want to document almost everything I can think of. 

Aside from that, I can agree from the student's perspective that procrastination is always the devil on your shoulder for distance education. I was a college student during Covid, and boy were those classes empty a lot of the time. 

Procrastination is more prone to happen in an online environment, so being sure to remind students of upcoming deadlines is important

I learned that there are different types of behaviors for e-learners, that students can exhibit multiple behaviors, and that each type of behavior can be addressed using certain techniques and skills.

This module is a great tool for new instructors online. 

While negative behavioral issues are similar whether learners are in-person or online, the online environment may seem to offer a degree of protection making it ripe for disruptive behavior. I learned that it is important to be familiar with the policies of the college and direct learners to the appropriate sections. 

I believe that it is important to establish the foundation of the course and follow the policies outlined in the syllabus. If students are succeeding, there are less likely to be disruptive.

Students may display various behaviors based on their self-image, past experience, and/or the response from peers and the instructor. Best practice is the use the guidelines of the school, along with the grading scheme provided and reiterated to disruptive or commandeering students that discussions will be graded based on these rules. Instructors must develop relationships with students to understand outside interference and other obligations of the students. When these obstacles are understood by the instructor, measures may be taken to assist the student and decrease attrition levels.

That is important that you communicate with your students in a timely manner 

Clear policy must be in place to make sure you do not have disruptive learners in an online environment. Or, at least have those policies to fall back on if something disruptive does happen. 

In the small drive, I learned the best way to effectively manage the flow of a large balance of information to keep an effective recordkeeping style. Some forms of doing this are more than a response tan o the assignment, transcripts for discussion, and chat.

Selecting a way to organize the information will help familiarize and dedicate oneself to identifying the flow of information in the back that I have on the season.

Utilizing the textual use of email messages to and from students can provide a more personalized and direct approach to the student. It keeps things confidential and urgent, as students will then utilize the email to reply to you. Tallows manages the age of the inquiries coming from students.

Providing feedback via email is a convenient, practical way to respond to the student’s inquiries. Make sure that we avoid promising immediate responses and inform the student depending on the nature of the question. Y play Moore Junior, professor.

I want to learn that learners will bring the learning environment and behavioral traits to inherit their line, Bierman. If they are in a noisy area, the response to facilitators would be comments only, avoiding direct, so it's essential to ensure we understand the environment. Decisions are taking this course to understand better where it is if there is a disruptive area or there in place in which they are engaging in the class. Is there a direct impact on their quality within the course?

Review the inter-dependent interactive relationships developed within the professor-student relationship. It's a breeding ground for the natural complex, is Alex could be in effective communication, personal differences, and even differences in personal values.

No matter differentiation between a student and a professor, alienation is never the right time for a student. Even if we can find a neutral ground, it is an important distinction to make just continuing to monitor the student’s participation to ensure that they continue to work on the course.

I was surprised to see just how similar sttudent behaviors are in the  classroom and the e-learning enviorment 

Most of my BSN and all of my MSN were online. Time management was the biggest thing for me to adapt to between working full time and going to school full time. Relaying this message to students helps them. Telling them to keep their goal in mind as a constant reminder of where they want to go is also something to help support them. Sending email reminders assists with keeping them on track and can be useful by just supporting them. 

It is essential as an instructor to be aware of the work demands the course work may entail to avoid attrition.  Providing bite size work loads and slowly increasing the work demand can be an effective way to increase confidence in the learners.

This module focused on good recordkeeping skills and communicating effectively with students in several different ways.  There was a great focus on the best ways to communicate with students for counseling purposes related to performance, behavior, and conflict management.   There were also some helpful tips about how to recognize and minimize student attrition.

I learned that email is the best way to communicate with on-line students. Keep in touch with them regularly to provide assistance, encouragement and progress updates. Some students wll try to challenge you in order to obtain a higher score on their coursework. 

Sign In to comment