Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that the email is the most convenient system of Counseling Management in the e- learning environment, also it arrives to a highly ranked form of information from e-learners.

In this section, it spoke more about managing your classes and each student individually. Set out email reminders about assignments or office hours. Get to know your students that don't participate as much so you may give them options to participate or socialize.

Creating a learning environment that is both structured and flexible is essential. This means having a clear course outline, predictable schedules, and also allowing for some adaptability based on student needs and feedback.

Structure should be actively engaged in the course by posting regular announcements and participating in the discussions at least four times a week.

From this module, I've learned that learners may exit e-learning programs prematurely due to feelings of alienation, heavy workloads, competing responsibilities, and technical issues. To reduce attrition, I plan to foster a sense of belonging by engaging learners, manage workloads effectively by breaking down content and providing support, address technical issues promptly with troubleshooting guidance, regularly check in with learners to offer support, and continuously gather feedback to improve the learning experience. These proactive measures aim to create a supportive environment that encourages learner retention.

There are a number of reasons why students may leave an e-learning environment, so it is essential to communicate and offer support whenever possible.

Like all things, we may experiences some challenges. Just because the course is partially online, doesn't mean we wont experience some of the challenges through online learning as well. 

E-Learning has many obstacles such as technical issues, student involvement, student procrastination and effective communication from me as their instructor to all students and organized and scheduled accountability of the students involvement and demonstrating the retention learned and practiced.

Connect with students daily, ensure they are on track, connect with them if they are falling behind sooner rather than later 

Understanding how to handle the different types of disruptive learners. This can be applied similarly to traditional classrooms.

An online non traditional student has many home challenges that come with them. It is best to support them through these life instances and guide them through the course.

I learned how to effectively manage noisy learners." Two possible ways of handling noisy learners in an asynchronous setting are:
Send an e-mail to the learner advising him or her to remain on the existing thread until it is exhausted.
Provide some personal attention by making a special request for the learner to provide some specific input into the discussion. If the learner continues to surf around, steer him or her back into the mainstream of the discussion." These can help me in the future.

Sign In to comment