Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Some learners may find it difficult to develop informal relationships in an e-learning environment.

Great training so far.  It's important for instructors to realize that students learn differently, even in the online environment.

Remind disruptive students about your policies. Be consistent. 

I learned how to resolve student conflict within an online environment.

There are many different types of students and e learning styles that can be challenging in and elearning enviroment. 

Organizing the system of communication used is an effective time management strategy

Students types are no different when it comes to online or traditional learning 

A good instructor needs to be able to keep good records of student activity including assignments and chats.   There is also a need to be able to identify different types of learners and how to help them  be successful in the class. 

I learned that you can counsel students via chat. 

I learned the benefit of setting limits for communication. I have always been so open that I am usually very overloaded with student communications. I really like the idea of a 24-hour turn around time for my responses. 

Offering time management ideas and time management messages can help a procrastinating learner. 

students with different learning styles behave differently, and instructors must interact with each different student on a level that they will understand.

It is important to keep an eye out for disruptive behavior as it can negatively impact the learning environment. Always go back to the institutions polices to help navigate difficult situations.

communication is important for retention

Having great communication with students will help them succeed and learn the course material. 

This section helped me better understand how important it is to ay attention to each student's individual situation. When reflecting on students who have left a course or who have not been successful, understanding them and keeping open lines of communication helps! 

Very interesting topic, I had a mentor who said managing students was like herding geese across the road. Some will run ahead, some won't come, some will sit there and do nothing, others will peck at you. Online learning is different than classroom based learning and each student comes with their own individual reasons to participate, or not. As an instructor, it is important to strive to help all students and meet them where they are at. 

I've learnt about the different types of learners and how to effectively handle any issues with them.

e-learning behavioral traits, noisy, quiet, disruptive, intimidators, procrastinators. 

Attrition management:

To manage student e-learning attrition the instructor needs to:

• alleviate alienation
  • excessive workload
  • competition
  • technical issues
Sign In to comment