Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned how to resolve conflict. I plan to look for the ECPI documentation on that to be ready if such cases occur.  I have not had this happen yet.

Challenging students exist in both live and online classroom settings. It is important to recognize any potentially disruptive behavior as early as possible and to respond according to your institution's policies. 

This session included insightful advice on how to deal with problematic students in a professional, equitable manner while preserving the integrity of our course, as well as beneficial information on how and when to address their behavioral characteristics.

Wonderful details about procrastinators. We will include alternative plans for submitting tasks.

Making sure you students know you're present, engaged and care about their success in learning is key to retention.  Students respond better to quicker turn around times like grading assignments in a timely way and with feedback, answering their emails and messages promptly, and helping them find solutions to their barriers so they don't give up.

- Keep in regular touch with students

_ Find out about what is holding the student back from participating

- Share how students can get tech support

The challenges of online course vary from student to student and this lesson helped me identify some of the issues my students will encounter.  I learned to save communication with students and also how to counsel individual students that may encounter these challenges.

Managing the e-learning environment poses many challenges not encountered in in-person learning. One must utilize all available support systems at one's disposal to overcome these hurdles in a timely fashion. One must also be resilient and resourceful in terms of accommodating a wide variety of learners.

It was helpful to learn new ways to deal with difficult situations and senerios with students. It's also a good reminder to know the policies for due dates, late submissions. etc..

Management of the e-learning time environment can be different from one class to the next depending on the type of learnings you have in each group

Keep communication open for students who may need help or have questions. Keeping communication open helps those students feel more connected to the instructor and able to work through the course efficiently. 

I have learned in the E-Eniviornment it is easy for student to procrastinate. It is important as instructors to keep them on track with reminders and reaching out. 

communicating with student is very important, although learning is online we want to still give the in person experience 

Knowing the policies and procedures for handling e-learning must be understood by the students and well as the facilitator. I think the large group discussion should never happen with e-learners. 

THere are different ways of communicating with students conducting an online course especially when the student needs more help.

In this section, I have learned I should avoid promising immediate responses; however, try to maintain, as a minimum, a 24-hour turnaround time. Some inquiries may require shorter turnaround times and using my discretion. 

Documentation of counselling chats are critically important. Some students may be challenging the authority of the instructor, knowing the policies and procedures will be very helpful in redirecting students as needed. 

Procrastination will most likely happen on E-learning enviorments, its very impportant to have a system of communications with students. I also learned ways to address different types of students you will get in the classroom

24 hour turnaroud in commincation is vital.

I learned that in-person students and online students exhibit the same behaviors and how to address them 

Assessing students mannerisms and abilities as soon as possible, is a must. But one must also be ready to constantly reassess in order to maintain effective teaching.

Sign In to comment