Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have never seen conflicts in a math discussion before.  I have seen it in the regular classroom.  This unit made me think of how I would handle conflicts.  I believe approaching it by restating the requirements and rules of the discussion would be important.  Most people would not necessarily violate the rules so perhaps they are not aware of them.  I am not sure if I ever posted do's and dont's in discussion guidelines.

Using the online time wisely using breaks and group discussions to facilitate learning.

I learned how to handle different students and their learning styles. Also solutions to improve each students natural learning style 

Instructors need to be out in front and intervene in a timely manner. Must also know the institution's policies on student conduct 

Even online courses will have students conduct themeselfs in different behaviors. 

To manage student inquiries effectively, educators should designate a specific area within the Course Management System for posting questions, notifying learners of its location and the scope of inquiries permitted, and encourage peer-to-peer responses before escalating the question to the instructor after a 24-hour wait. 

Of course there are different ways to approach conflicts in the e- learning environment. However, if it is well thought out the instructor will take good measurement to reach out to the students as effectively as possible without letting the other’s learners know. 

I learned how to identify and deal with different types of students. I will use this information to ensure I am engaging students in ways they will respond to the most. 

Students will push against a structured learning environment. Learn how to identify the behaviour and work with that student so that he/she can participate effectively amongst the e-community

It was interesting to learn about the different types of learners, and how their personality type determines how and when they participate. I feel I can incorporate this to my teaching by creating learning outcomes for different types of learners to increase interest, not just a single mode of teaching, such as quizzes, test, discussions, etc. 

E-Learners can vary just like synchronous learners.  It is important to recognize when a student is disengaging for any number of reasons.  It is also important to know the institutional policies for handling various kinds of situations. 

I learned there are distinctly different types of students

I am a bit intimidate by teaching online format.  I am hoping this course will help me overcome my fears.

it’s important that we have to communicate with our students and any distraction because we need to email them privately and give them separate assignments to keep them focus

It may be challenging for students to keep up in online learning, but being involved and attentive is highly helpful. the importance of encouraging students to participate

I learned how to better handle difficult students .

Sign In to comment