Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have never had students described on the EL102 course that antagonize me or try to belittle other students. I feel better prepared to manage students like that in the future.

Help students through the e-learning process. Some may be disruptive, procrastinate or even fell alienated.  Work through each individual situation with poise. 

Understanding the different type of students is important for knowing how to navigate an online class to stay on topic.

In this section we learned how to communicate easily with students and to identify the different types of students and how to resolve certain conflicts, they also explain how to obtain records of all the information of the course

Excellent comunication is imperative to provide an learning for student.

A good teacher, in addition to having charisma, must identify the personality traits of his students and treat them according to their particularities. That is why this module on types of students seems so interesting to me. In the traditional classroom it is quite easy to see these differences between personalities, but it had never occurred to me to identify them in an online learning environment.

Knowing the different types of personalities and behavior of the students is a strong task that every teacher must face and overcome, both face-to-face and distance teaching.
But in distance education, the teacher must develop a magic to attract the attention and admiration of the students as well as the motivation towards the contents that he teaches.
The behaviors that are displayed in the online environment are very similar to those that we find in a traditional classroom.
The behavior management itself is consistent no matter where the teaching occurs.

This module gave some key concepts on different types of students,e nagagement, and how to successfully engage the digfferent type of students. 

awesome 

I learned of the various ways in which online learners require similar attention as in-person learners, albeit via different methods

Having a method of record keeping is very important for an effective online classroom. Disruptive interactions and conflicts with students still exist as they do in traditional classrooms. The methods of communicating policies and procedures is different online.

E-mail the the most popular way of communication.  It is also the best way to counsel individually and confidentially.  

Be clear on institution policies before locking a disruptive student out of a discussion chat

I never thought about conflicts in an online only course and the need to documentation of chat sessions. There is a lot of one-on-one communication needed in an online course for all issues that you encounter. 

I think that the students who procrastinate on their work are very challenging to help. I suspect many are overwhelmed, and I intend to reach out to those folks more regularly going forawrd to try to help keep them on track. 

This reminds me that each student has their own personal lives with each one with different types of issues or problems. Being able to identify behaviors. Also the Behavior Managment was very helpful.

Keep a door of good communication with all the students

I learned in this module that ist is very important to ensure an organized system to managing communication is very important. 

When teaching an online class it is important to remember there are going to be many types of students as an instructor will come in contact with. Some students may try to intimidate, others may procrastinate in getting their work done their are others who are over acheivers. As the insturctor it is important to keep lines of communication open to all students and make sure all students are aware that you are going to follow the rules and regulations of the school. Grading will be done vis the rubic and all assissments will be done accordingly and in a timely manner. Also everyone will be treated equally and fairly. 

There will always be someone that will be a challenge in some form or fashion.  by having open communication about expectaions and providing guidelines hopefully you can manage any challenge or disruption.

Sign In to comment