Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The biography of each student and from myself will help serve as a platform for all of us to get to know each other, which helps bridge a bond when we are all using online only learning.

Projecting your presence:

As an instructor I need to make sure that I'm not projecting myself too much and out powering the students.  Day 1 introductions are important, it's a place where the students can learn about the instructors background and the students can learn about each other. 

I feel that when we interact with them and personalize things like our Bio, and talk to them about personal career situations they really respond and feel more connected to us and school.

I learned the importance of maintaining the teacher student relationship for better student comprehension.  When they know you care the more willing they are to seek out your help, and the more willing they are to taking instruction.

I have learned that you can build relationships with your students in an online environment.  Posting a biography of yourself shows your studetns your experience and gains respect for you as an educator.  Having the students post a biography of themselves helps you and other students get to know them.

I feel getting to know your e-learning it is important to know a little about each student that will be taking your course. Having a bio of yourself makes it a little more personal and I feel students enjoy having an instructor that can be engaged in their students' interests. 

Just as in facte to face classroom settings establishin relationships with our students can help ease the stress of an online setting.  Additionally, as we build componenets of the course, we need to recognize all possibilities such as learning styles, geographic location, etc. before making asumptions.

The integration of the professor and the classmates is key on a remote class methodology. To know each member of the group and to comprenhence the profile of each one can make more relevant the content of the course. By knowing the profile of the group, the professor will have a better perspective and use more effectively the tools and skills to deliver de knowledge.

The elements of projecting your presences, projecting your authority and establishing relationships with your students.The element help ensure the students has a well rounded online learning experience.

It hasshown that learning does not have to be just in a classroom. E learning does work. Same skills that are used in class can and should be used with E learning. Get to know your students.

It's important that students know that you have expertise in the subject matter and the facilitation of online classes.  Be quick to express and resolve any issues you see with students off topic and controversies with students.  I have a bio in all my online classes, but will be sure to edit that to credentials then experience.

It is important to still build relationaships with your students even in an elearning environment.  Just like in the classrooms, students will be more engaged and work harder when they know that they matter to you. 

I have taught online for a number of years, and it is imperative that students know that you are qualified to teach the course. The biographical information is also key; especially, when both the teacher and the student know anough about each other to make communication more effective. 

Having been an online learner, I realized the effectiveness of the professors biography as well as that of the other students. It helps to create a feeling of classroom.

I learned that online teaching is very similar to face to face teaching. This is wonderful news for me!

I have learned that it is important to stay engaged with your students in an online platform and to make your presence know by setting the guidelines and rules for the class as well as to reach out to the students individually.

I learned that in order to be successful I need to project a presence of authority and knowledge. Informing the students of my field of study and my professional experience within that field is essential for my credibility. Letting them know about through a textual biography would be beneficial as well as having them submit a biography about themselves would help in my communication and presence within the class.

This module highlighted the importance of communicating with students, connecting with them and finding ways to support their individual needs. I find it easier to connect in person with students obviously. I usually start my first class off with the two truths and a lie game and its opens the forum to ask them more personal questions and get to know them better. Unfortunately, this Doesn't seem practical for online learning so finding other ways to connect with my students is essential. I think the bio introduction of the student is a great way to do that. 

I learned that it's important that students understand your qualifications and authority as the instructor of this class.  I also learned the importance of establishing your authority by being present and available.  This is accomplished by contributing to discussions and sending reminders.  Then it's also important to develop relationships with students by having them complete a biographical introduction and you communicating and connecting with them through it.

Applying traditonal classroom setting to online classes can be very similar, but instructor have to be more sensitive with students projecting his/her authority ,and letting students know you are there for any situation.

Sign In to comment