Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that it is very important to form a relationship with your students and be down to earth along with approachable.  They need to understand that you are there to assist them with being successful.  

I learned that although students may be distance or e-learning it is vital to form relationships between instructors and their students because it can enhance engagement and participation.

personalizing your students experience and troubleshooting their particular issues as they come is essential to a positive online learning environment. Unlike previous courses before online, students experience a different set of obstacles then on ground students previously

By using personal experiences when connecting with students, it builds the students trust and confidence in their instructor. 

I am encouraged to post a bio of myself and have students do the same for their first assignment to build the leaning community within the online environement.

I learned a few new techniques to present myself in an online environment.  I even got to wondering about the placement of my webcam and how that might affect the learners perception of myself.

This module was great in the sense of learning what it takes to build and maintain a relationship with your online learners and amplifying your presence from afar.

Staying active in the course, calling students by their first name, and engaging students through personal interaction is what I learned from this portion.

I learned to follow up at the end of the week with A personal email. I Also learned ways to show my leadership In the virtual class

Students thrive when instructors project subject matter expertise, empathy, and a personal side. 

I do like the reward system. Posting gold stars and badges of growth are fun for adults too.

Great information to know. I look forward to seeing all of the online discussions and sharing profiles with one another I believe it also helps break the ice. 

It is important to be Present in the Class, get to know the students in the class and create a safe and interactive learning environment.  Encourage the students to create relationship bonds amongst themselves as well as with the instructor which will create a positive learning environment.

It is important to establish a relationship with students even for an online class. This will also help with keeping the student engaged in the class. 

Online instructors must project their authority through multiple means. This is important in order to deliver effective material and meet objectives, while ensuring the students feel incorporated into the process. 

Being online teaching offers challenges that traditional, in-person teachers do not experience.  The online teacher must project thier authority and their credentials.

In the segment I learned that being an online instructor can and will offer great experience for the teacher as well as the students. Instructors should always understand that it’s your presents and body language that the student will respect.

I learned the importance of sharing a biography that displays the authority I have in the subject matter. Also encouraging students to share their bios and encouraging interaction. I think being active on the discussion board will encourage students to interact. 

Post a brief, informative biography for the students. Utilize my experience to give the students the best learning environment possible

I have learned the importance of student biographies aa well as the synchrony and asynchrony components of teaching.  When these components are met, the student are able to communicate effectively in an online course.  

Sign In to comment