Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's critical to know how to build trust, respect, and authory in the e-learning environment.

It is important to be able to inspire online learners in the same way a traditional instructor inspires their classroom students.

In this Module I learned how important it is to have that instructor/Student repport. It is also important for the student to have confidance in your abilities as an online instructor.

I have learned from this module best practices on how to connect with your e-learnes. I will apply the biography for myself and my students. I believe this will everyone get connected and engaged. 

A lot of good suggestions on how to get to know students.

I learned that it is important for the students to learn about the instructor and the instructor to learn about the students. This can be accomplished through a brief bio. Credentials, work history and what is your expectation of the class could be things that are listed.

Projectin your presence is important to students because theyare assure that you are listening and that you care about their progress and accomphlishments. 

I learned how important it is to share my biography with my students, and like wise why its important for me to ask for their biography as well as a way to become acquainted with each other.

I realized that even though I was in the habit of posting a welcome message, usually prior to day one, it would be more effective to also give a brief picture of my background. I usually did this as part of the first class, so now I will utilize my welcome to incorporate a brief version of my introduction. 

Reply to Sandy Lane's post:

I agree Sandy, the 2 way street approach should engender a greater rapport and sense of trust for the student and give insight into any special considerations to the learning process as well as "hooks" that can be used to increase engagement.

Great idea to provide individual responses to student's bios to show that you took the time to read it and are vested in learning more about them.

I learned the importance of introducing yourself and providing your experience and education with the students to build rapport with them. 

I learned the importance of beign present throught microphone or camera to help the student feel more comfortable and connected to the learning process.

I like the idea of the student biography as a first day assignment.

Projecting a positive and up front presence as an instructor is important to maintain a good on-line learning environment.

Enjoyed learning about resources/stetegies to share with classroom groups 

By having synchronous interactions.  By providing information about my credentials, exeriences and hobbies, by replying in a timely manner and by emailing students individually early in the course

Posting information about myself as well as having students do the same will enable me to build a better relationship with my students!

A good way to project your presence is to let your students know about your credentials, experience professionaly and personally. This way the student may have a common thread to relate to you.

Asserting authority isn't difficult, and acknowledging all students as unique individuals is a must.

Sign In to comment