it is important for students and teacher to engage properly with understanding of topic course duration feedback and also make students feel comfortable with learning the credentials of what they are learning
online teaching can be as effective as in person teaching and get to know your students and which ways to help them to make their learning affective and comfortable without feeling pressured
I learned that online teaching can be just as effective as in person teaching if you learn to use online course tools effectively also making yourself known and being engaging online is very important for your students to feel like they are really getting to know you as if it were in person.
I believe that engaging students in a collegial atmosphere, while respecting privacy can create a superior learning environment
I learned that it is important to demonstrate a personal touch by sharing a biography, discussing the path to success, the virtue of learning without having to attend class in difficult circumstances
Comment on Traci Abram's post: I totally agree, Building professional relationships within your community and students is important nn
I learned the importance of establishing relationships with students early on and the importance of the student-professor relationship. I feel that posting something about my experiences and education might give students an assurance that I am able to provide them with current evidence based knowledge leading to their success in within their chosen profession.
This module reinforced to me that teaching online students requires intentional effort to create a learning environment that closely mirrors the engagement, connection, and support found in a traditional classroom. Our challenge as instructors will be to build the relationships that encourage active participation.
The importance of having a presence in online courses seems most appropriate to me. I've been in other situations where there's no engagement if the "camera isn't on" in guided courses. Students' attention is easily lost. So, getting to know them through their biographies seems like a great strategy that I will implement.
It is important for an instructor to make students feel comfortable during online format. Instructors can tell a little about themselves but also ask each student to tell a little bit of themselves, engage in all students to build that rapport.
Benefit of establishing a relationship with each student. Setting up a general discussion forum. Use of more discussion forums. Connecting.
This was a helpful module, and I appreciated the ideas for using videos or other methods to introduce myself and my credentials. Since my credentials are not always familiar to people, it makes sense to explain it.
By providing examples based on my professional experience, tying them to the learning objectives and assignments will support engaging students' learning experience.
Providing a short bio for your students allows them to see your qualifications to teach the course and sets the expectations for excellence when it comes to professional development and continuing education.
Providing information regarding your professional background allows students to see your qualifications to teach the class and helps set the standard for excellence in continuing education.
I always though it would be too much to showcase crediatals and achievements but i see now how beneficial it can be for the students to know more about your education and experience.
Maintaining an effective online presence requires consistent communication, timely feedback, and active engagement with students. Establishing authority from a distance comes from being organized, setting clear expectations, and demonstrating expertise while remaining approachable. Building relationships with each learner is essential and can be achieved through personalized interactions, regular check-ins, and creating a supportive environment where students feel valued and connected.
Sources
My take a way is make your online line class mirror a live class, with the exception that question are asked on line. Promptness in answering students question (24hr avg.) keep student from becoming frustrated.
Providing students with a background to let you know that your a real person is extremely useful in an online setting. By providing a background of experience and overall interest in the topic students are more likely to engage with you and the content.
Students are more likely to participate, communicate, and remain engaged when they feel that their instructor is accessible, supportive, and actively involved in the learning process.