Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I will definitely be projecting my authority

I like that we will encourage the student to post something personal about them self so that they can get to know each other better.

I learned that by projecting my presence and authority from a distance as well as having a relationship with the students will be  geared toward promoting and enriched, meaningful, and dynamic experience both for the students and instructors. There is a lot of great information and instructions  in this module that will assist me in being fully prepared for the course management system e- learning.  I will implement the  first assignment suggestion to get to know the students by having them post a biography to learn more about them as well as each student from another.

I learned how providing a brief biography of myself and asking students to do the same can help foster engagement and instructor presence in the course. In addition, I learned how revealing my own credentials can help establish my authority in the class early on.

Having a video biography is more effective in the online learning environment. Having each student post a biography that other students read can help them interact together. Be sure and create a relationship with each student through things like personalized e-Mail or discussion boards. 

Initiate and lead in order to project your presence.

I learned the importance to the students learning experience by becoming personal, getting to know them and being available. 

I plan to post a brief biography about myself for the first day. I want to show the students who I am professionally. 

This section has valuable insights on how to create relationships with students online so they feel your presence as an instructor. I do my best to connect with students, but I could do a better job at sending out reminders.  I do feel through the use of video messaging, and quick, detailed responses, my students know I genuinely care about their success.

I have learned that providing information about myself and making myself available to my students will make them feel more comfortable with me as an instructor. I always respond back to my students within a very reasonable period of time so that they know how important their emails are to me. 

An introduction thread is important for students, and an introduction post (expertise, hobbies) is important for instructors

It is important to project authority but also approachability for your students. Providing a robust welcome message and introduction as well as responding to each student individually at the outset of the course helps to develop a relationship with individual students. Be sure to acknowledge special learning needs. 

I've adapted my approach to accommodate different learning styles, enhancing the learning experience. 

To me, the most important factor is to emphasize availability to respond to student needs.  They care less about what degrees I have than what I can do to relate to them and their future careers.

Instructor presence is important in an online classroom. Instructors should include a biography page. 

I learned the importance of instructor's presence and how to project it via different means. "Knowing" who are students are and where they are coming from is a great first step. 

Because of this unit, I learned to 1) send a welcome message at the end of day 1 of a class, and 2) send a personalized email to every learner with a reminder about office hours!

Even though its E-learning instructors should treat it as in person and introduce themselves. Develop trust and report. 

I learned that it is not only for the student to learn about me, but it is also important to learn about the student. This will allow for a better understanding of each students goals, challenges and aspirations.

A biography will help the student feel connected to the e-learning community.  In my biography, I should post my credentials, hobbies, interests, and achievements.

Sign In to comment