Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned some of the approaches for engaging with a student to build a relationship. These include: sending a welcome message, review biographical data, identity students from a distance, and create a course management system students can engage in. I will incorporate many of these in my class to get students to become actively engaged in class and feel they are a learning participant. 

It is so important for the students to realize there is a REAL person who is their instructor! 

Include some personal info on bio so students can get to know you and be interested in learning from you.

I am a little intimidate about posting my bio I am a low key person but I see the reason behind it 

Having students do a short biography by the end of the day helps you really get to know about their academic background, employment reasons why they're taking the courses and asking and finding out what the students expect from the me.

I think it is important to tell your students what our experience is in this industry so the can get to know us better. It will help our students gain a great relationship with them and trust is important to me as well as communication between both.

Posting a biography of myself as well as having the students post one of their own is a great way for the teacher and students to learn about each other as well as allow them to possibly have some interest in common that allows the students and teacher to be more engaging with each other.

I learned how to make everyone feel comfortable with online learning. How to get everyone to engage with each other from the first day. 

Definitely going to use everything I learned in this section to configure my online class. 

I learned how to handle conflict in the classroom , and making sure you approach situations with caution . Creating a healthy learning environment.

These are great points even to do if not virtural

Make the student experience personal. Always encourage them to remember why they enrolled and what their end goal is. I also tell me personal experience navigating through beauty school which they can relate to. 

Sign In to comment