Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are many capabilities provided within the CMS that must be configured to provide the proper learning environment.  These include things like controlling access to course modules according to some parameter.  For example, it is possible to prevent access to a given module prior to completing all previous modules.   

These type of controls affect the student experience.  I think it is important to carefully consider how to use these controls.  One does not want to have a control in place without a reason.   For example, if the course content builds upon previous content, it makes sense to control the sequence.   

I plan to consider the course objectives, course content, and student experience to guide choices that I need to make with respect to the course structure and controls that affect the delivery of course content. 

I have learnt that in an online learning environment, proper understanding of the platform, course content and CMS is necessary  for the successful learning by the students. Structured course content, assignments and assessment methods are very important for an effective online learning.

Images can be misunderstood.

Online learning is generally thought to be the easy way to go to class. However, online learning is all but that. I find that it requires technilogical savey, good reading skills and understanding as well as time maagement. 

I plan to incorportate these along the the way

Hello Everyone,

One of the main take waways for me is to be familiar with the software required for the courses.  A bit of technical skills are needed to remedy many student issues. 

Course Delivery is like the first impression.  An instructor must have knowledge and confidence by organizing the course structure in a way to make it easy to follow the course.  Next, the delivery platform or LMS and learning management software must have capabilities that enhance the instructors teaching methods with tools and resources.  And, lastly a dedicated instructor or person that fully comprehends their roles and responsibilities as an online Instructor can make managing a course easier and efficient and help the course be a success.

what I have learned from the module is vey helpful . it show me how to prepare  for  the class and the information  where every thing is located.

The e-learning set up is the key. How the courses are laid out and ease of success helps the students be more engaged 

The biggest thing that I have learned just by doing the instruction is that the online learner needs to be more engaged. When you're in the dedicated classroom, it is easier to have their attention because everyone is interaction and it is in real time, but online it can be something forgotten or given less effort only because it isn't seen as interactive and more of a solitary experience.

The experience of online teaching and learning have some very different challeges as opposed to an in-person education. The CMS shows that I am responsible for a different set of variables which must be taken into consideration for different styles of learning up to and not excluding technical issues. To ensure my students recieve the proper instruction I have to make sure I am more familiar with tech functioning and student needs arising out of that combination than ever before.    

From this topic, I have learned what is most important in online course delivery. It is important to understand and complete the student training for your CMS, it is important to plan out when students have access to assignments, if they are going to have multiple attempts at quizzes and exams. It is more than just putting all of the information on CMS. It also validated my thought process when building an online course of how I organize my material. I suggest that students read each chapter and complete all of those chapter's assignments before moving on to the next chapter, even if they are both due in the same week. 

I agree that to be highly successful with the course, you must be very familiar with the course. If not, you will not be able to field questions in an acurate and professional level.

There is definitely a need to understand the operation of a CMS before launching it. Instructors should have a thorough knowledge and high level of expertise in the system before using it to deliver a course. In a case where a school is transitioning to online learning from on campus instruction it should not be deployed until the CMS is totally developed, instructors are trained and familiar with it, and the content is reviewed and approved by the subject matter experts and/or instructors. Simultaneously launching such a program while training of the faculty is ongoing can cause serious uncertainty and loss of confidence by both the students and faculty. Such a breakdown will undoubtedly result in increased student drop rates. 

Support infrastructure consist of learning and technical support.

In order to be a successful Online instuctor in addition to your expertize on the topic you will teach, you also must familize yourself with the CMS process. The best approach is to complete an online tutorial and nagivate the plateform before your first day of classroom teaching.

Importance of using different methods of teaching 

Students have a higher sense of confidence when they know that there is an instructor to answer questions and IT support if there are computer issues. 

I will review the content of the material and make sure to follow all guidelines. I will keep an open discussion with the students to make sure they understand the content that is being taught. 

great intro

Online learning plays a key role in todays society. It is important as an instructor  that you know the material and also know how to navigate through the content.

Sign In to comment