Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

while instructors are subject matter experts, we still have a lot to learn in the online teaching realm. Technology will continue to evolve, and we will always be students of the online learning community.

I learned that it is vital to familiarize yourself with your CMS as online educator so you can actively assist students. While knowing information from your own studies, it is helpful to regularly review the curriculum as it allows the educator to affectively deliver information in ways students will relate.

I have learned that as an instructor we need to be as familiar with the course management system as our students.

This was very informative on the structure, facililitaton, and support regarding the online education environment. 

I have learned more about how to actively engage students, call them by name, and help them master the material.

I will learn CMS and how to be a efficient online teacher and in class

Course structure is critical. Expectations must be clear. Students need teaching and technical support.

To be able to support our students online, we should be able to use Teams or Zoom whichever the campus uses. 

I appreciate how much more structured everything will be for not only the students but instructors as well. Very detailed. 

What i recieved by this course was there is alot of pros working online but some students tend to get frustrated while working online and i should try to come up with ways to easy access all the assignments to i wont confuse them. I also gained knowledge on the interaction with students ive gained many forms of communication with the students while on an online course.  

Being an online instructor includes more than just presenting content to the students.  I needs to be an ongoing "conversation" with the students to ensure they are learning the objectives of the class as well ensuring that the technical aspects of the course are being met with no problems.  It can be very frustrating to the student when their system is not working properly so the instructor needs to be able to mediate and get the student the help they require for successful completion of the course.

Most students who are e-learning will feel a greater sense of comfort and security since they can do the course online away from strangers. 

E-learning offers a unique learning environment that requires structure to be successful. It is paramount that instructors/professors are aware of the uniqueness of e-learning and be prepared to teach in this environment. 

Instructors really need to get to know their CMS before teaching a course.

This module taught me the importance of understanding where all the information is from my course, I have already began to apply it, I've gotten questions from students on how to navigate through labs, with knowledge of how to access the labs in different ways I was able to walk the student through over the phone and via zoom. 

Successful navigation within the CMS will cause the effect of the teacher’s knowledge of maneuvering the various subject matter to be expressed in each lesson. Explaining ,and understanding the course subject matter before starting  the material will only increase student confidence. 

It is Important that I have a mastery of the basic protocol of the module. I must be able to answer any question that may be asked by the e-learner. Interaction with the e-learner is critical to their success

I learned  about online teaching techniques. The courses the students can view and how they will be able to work at a pace that is comfortable for them. 

As an instructor I learned that we have all the same goal in teaching, but take different methods to get there. Familiarizing ourselves with the course, content, and support for students allows them to focus on the tasks given and not have to spend an inordinate amount of time trying to navigate the learning platform . 

I understand the importance of knowing the various components of the CMS as well as how to navigate it not only from the perspective of the instructor but of the student as well. It is also important for students to feel that their instructor is available whenever they have problems or questions.  

Sign In to comment