Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As an online instructor, I think it is important to be able to navigate the online platform and know how to be efficient in all of the non-pedagogical aspects using technology so that more time can be spent on effectively teaching and planning how to deliver the content.

I learned about all of the different components and resources within CMS. 

I found it interesting that the instructor must ensure that the students have a workable computer in which to participate in the course.

Course delivery and organization are critical for the introduction of the instructor. Students develop relationships with the instructor during the beginning of the course, not the end.

It is important to mention that professors teach in a  variety of ways and styles.  Following a  common module or platform ensures the information taught is consitant.

Make sure to view the student's version of the course so you can understand from their point of view when teaching. 

Really comprehending and getting to know the course is important. Focusing on all aspects of the course, but one that stood out to me were instructional strategies. I look at those as ways to help me better teach the course. It also provides focus as an instructor on the most important aspects of the cirriculum. 

Students can become frustrated if the platfrom is not working.

It's very important to be confident in your topics. The students will trust what you are saying and more likely to engage with an industry expert. I find the students are also more receptive when the course benefits them now versus in the future. I make sure the topics we learn an discuss can be beneficial and relevant to their day to day life.

I have learned that it is normal for diferent instructors to take different steps and apply diferent techniques to teach the same curiculum. I can use this information going forward by applying my own ideas and personality to the way I teach a class.

Always give the same goals for the course durning E learning and also that structure is needed 

It is interesting that body language is more powerful than words when commnunicating. It is also really important to have a structure in any type of communication. 

I will adjust conten accordingly to student feedback.

To be a successful online instructor and ensure the success of my students, I will implement the guidelines of understanding our CMS and its features that hold the information I need to manage my online classroom and provide the very best support and instruction. In addition, I will quickly respond to questions and create an environment of good communication in various venues within the CMS.  

This is a good introduction to Course Delivery Instructions and how to implement a course utilizing online techniques. 

I have learned it is important to familiarize yourself with the CMS. It is also important to provide a sense of security to students and help with technological issues. 

Because I feel confident with in person and phone communication, I tend to prepare less. However, when using email to communicate, I tend to do more preparation. This module is a great reminder to prepare for all forms of communication.

Student support is pivotal among student use of their mental effort and supportive resources of technology

Learn and Support students in use of CMS

I learned how to engage with students as an online instructor by learning there are different ways to engage with them.

Sign In to comment