Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are a number of ways to engage our students in an online course. I will try to incorporate the use of videos to provide students with feedback on assigments/quizzes. 

Ilearned how importanat it is to know how to navigate through the CMS to be prepared for you students, but more so to be effective for your students and to be affective in the system.

To ensure e-learning you will need to teach the students the tool for easy navagation.

Reply to Lisa Brown's post: I agree - there are a lot of tasks for instructors teaching online courses. 

Familiarize onself with the online framework and make sure students have the resources to attend and navigate.

I'm familiarizing myself with this discussion lounge with MaxKnowledge as we speak. :)

After viewing this module, I've learned the importance of seeing the orientation process that students go through. Doing so helps provide the instructor with some of the knowledge base students have in navigating their online courses. I intend to watch our librarian go through the online orientation with the next group of new students. As one of the first instructors they encounter, I often have students asking me for technical support which I am uncertain how to provide. 

In this module, I learned the importance of keeping students engaged even through an online e-course. I also learned the importance of of being familiar with all of the online tools and resources that are available to instructors to help make the students successful in thier learning.

I learned that there are many ways an istructor can communicate with students.  This will allow the students to be engaged.  Students achieve higher levels of learning when they are actively engaged in the learning process.

I agree on becoming familiar with CMS and how this will benefit all my students as well as myself.

I have acquired baseline knowledge to help me present/facilitate online education.  Many considerations regarding the ability to manipulate the course regarding issues such as required quiz permissions for availablitity, acessibility to course components related to student success, and the management of inappropriate forum discussion on the cms platform have been triggered in my mind so I may address these issues in structuring my online course.

The  structure of the online class is in the CMS, however the class can still be molded through the instructor prefrences. Communication is key and you can still drive home the information to the student. 

There is a large number of expectives  in the e-learning envirtonment. The role and responsibilities of instructors are the same as the traditional teaching environment, but the interacting platform is very different. Instructors must be familiar with the the use of technology to delivery a high quality class. 

Organization of content is very important. Also, knowing how to help students navigate the system ikey to retention.

My plan is to apply as much as possible all these listed techniques and stratetigies to reach a comfortable level with the e-learning environment 

Instructors must be familiar not only with the content of the course but with their individual course managment system.  They need to be proficient in not just electronic content delivery, but in ways to monitor students progress throughout the course.  I've taken online course previously and understand from the student's perspective, but I am recognizing being an online instructor requires an entirely new set of skills!

I am curious to find out if the Dragon program be used. Ibelieve it will streamline rersponse,guiding questions,and more detailed explainations to topic in hand with less gaps inbetween. Are ther other program systems that are voice activated?

I have to spend more time looking at the various components of my courses.  I also have to devote time to asking questions immediately when I find areas new or confusing to me.  I realize now how many more resources I can offer my students if I take those simple steps.

I will keep the instruction consistent for the students by communication with other online instructors

I have learned to be consitant with rthe students on line

I have learned that the way the course is set up should be organized and easy to navigate and that a CMS should include support both for the learner and technological assistance

Sign In to comment