Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Instructors will have a variety of ways to to teach a subject but they will share a common goal.

I realize how much I have not utilized the many tools available in each course I have taught.  I have to investigate

more thoroughly the tools available to both myself and my students.  

I have learned to make sue to familiarize myself with the course content i order to deliver it the same way  it would be delivered in th classroom. 

I found it interesting how many different ways instructors can approach and deliver online learning.

I will benift from the information from the first module because Course Management Systems are very beneficial and knowing how to implement material that will be benefical to students is very useful.

Being knowledgable on course content, as well as onerstand the CMT is the way to success.

I have learned that there are various ways to deliver content through online learning.

It is important to know the aspects of the CMS - Course Management System. Know how the information is delivered and set boundries and expectations so that the students will have an understanding of what is required.

I have learned more about the e-learning environment and how I can become a more effective teacher while utilizing this.

It is important to provide both content and technical support to the student. As an online instructor, we must familiarize ourselves with basic troubleshooting techniques to provide timely assistance to the student.

So far I have learned that instructors need to have knowledge of the course and be organized. I would say a time line would be very useful for new on-line instruction. 

The online experience has certainly come a long way in just a few years from what I had experienced in past courses. The structure has become more student orientated in a multimedia approach and with more regard to the different learning styles of the individual, rather than a "Stefford" style in which all must be the same. I have also note that access to the instructor and the timely response to questions has moved to a greater importance. I believe that it can still be intimidating for some students at first, however the introductory modules have to a greater degree reduced the fear. 

I learned that although the material being delivered is the same, the method of delivery can and will vary per instructor delivering it. 

Key to success is being familiar with the platform ahead of time and being able to help students learn how to navigate it as well and troubleshoot as needed.

Online courses should be set up in a manner where students have easy access and something that keeps them focused such as interactive discussion boards and reading assignemnets. 

Consistency is important factor like what the course said learners have a higher sense of comfort & security when they know that someone will be there to support them. 

Reply to Lairlyn Romeroso's post: Lair, I enjoyed your post. I agree its imperative to provide full support to students learning. 

With e-learning structure, it is important to communicate effectively to our students.  As an instructor, we have to be available to our students, support online learning, and provide the best education we can.

The most important thing I must do as an instructor is to find out what my students needs are and try to accomodate their needs. 

I enjoyed learning about course delievery and compenents of a typical Course Management System 

Sign In to comment