Course Delivery | Origin: EL102
This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:
Online Teaching Techniques --> Course Delivery
Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.
I haven't taught an exclusively online course yet, but have taught plenty of synchronous remote classes, so some expectations of both instructor and students are the same. Being prepared, ready to help solve any student orientation/technology issues, and keeping things well organized and engaging are central to a good experience.
As healthcare continues to change, students need to become comfortable using technology as part of their education and future careers. Online and hybrid courses give students the opportunity to develop independence, improve their communication skills, and become more responsible for their own learning. These formats can also help students learn how to manage their time, solve problems on their own, and communicate professionally in a digital environment.
I learned that keeping students engaged and making the material relatable can make learning more effective. I plan to apply this by breaking information down, using real-life examples, and encouraging students to participate and ask questions.
I'm definitely realizing that there certainly is more than one way to instruct and teach the same materials.
A medida que avanza el curso he podido aprender, que desarrollar una enseñanza de calidad en línea implica una planificación meticulosa, conocer la estructura, la plataforma, las herramientas junto a estrategias, evaluaciones y canales de apoyo con una comunicación clara. De forma de aplicar y mantener un aprendizaje activo y promover espacios para fortalecer la enseñanza orientada a los resultados de aprendizaje.
Decide on items such as content delivery, quiz/information access, and my ability to be available to students when needed for both contextual and technical support. Because the course is asynchronous, I need to be more on top of students' experience to ensure that they have a similar experience within the course as if they were in person.
Due to the high demand of technology and the new developments with health care, its a great benefit to be able to either be a hybrid class or strictly online. It teaches student individuality, problem solving, and how to be professional through online.
What I took away from this section and will apply is knowing course content and looking at it from multiple perspectives. It needs to make sense as if you were looking at it both from the instructor and student perspective.
One of the biggest takeaways for me was how important it is to be familiar with the course content, including the goals, the organization of the modules and lessons, the assessment structure, and the expectations placed on both the students and the instructor. I also learned how crucial it is to understand the CMS from both perspectives.
An effective course requires the instructor to be able to look through both the lenses of being an instructor and a student. They should know how to move through roadbumps to either and make sure general needs are covered before beginning.
I agree that understanding the CMS is essential for successful online teaching. In addition to knowing how to post grades, announcements, and course materials, instructors should test the technology before each session and be familiar with different instructional methods. This helps prevent technical issues and ensures that students have a clear and engaging learning experience.
Teaching online has different methods that work more effectively than in person classes.
It is important to change the teaching delivery to make sure students are engaged.
Online instruction requires active participation by both students and instructors for meaningful course interactions designed to meet course goals and learning objectives. Timeliness of Instructor responses is a great facilitator of learning and anxiety-reduction in the online environment
In order to teach you must first be the student. Know your course materials, modules, and how to navigate them.
Being prepared is very necessary for teaching online. Supporting students' needs and abilities. I will use this training when I get to teach online.
Resonance of the significance of nursing instructors familiarizing themselves with course delivery techniques and strategies
This was an interesting course. I don't teach online, so I have no opportunity to apply this knowledge at present.