Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have participated in discussion boards before as a student and instructor.  I learned today that certain post can be deleted.  I didn't know that.  Looking forward to learning more. 

I am glad they mentioned that instructors teach differently and utilize the information in different ways.  Just this module so far has so many good tips in it for first time educators.  I wish I would have asked these questions when I first started.  Sometimes it is learn by fire.

Overview of learning structure; support and considerations for online learning venues.

Being prepared and making sure tha the instructor knows everything about hte course is important. Lerning objectives should be in the begining and the end. 

So far from this course I learned that there is a manner in which a course needs to progress. This will enable student understanding.

In an e-learning environment, learners have a higher sense of comfort and security when they are convinced that someone will be there to support them and make their learning experience a successful one.

It is important to be familier with the course management system as well as the delivery of the course.

It is very important for the instructor to have a thorough knowledge of the CMS platform's functionality. The more familiar you are with the CMS the better you can set up the course, engage learners, and achieve active learning. 

I must familiar with the CMS my instruction and it is also import to know the deadlines that an instructor is responsible for. I also found it helpful to have the IT support number in case of technical issues. There are many different ways to Engage the students and that instructors will take many different approaches to reach the same goal.

There are different components that work together in order to deliver a seamless and effective learning experience. 

Realizing there is a difference between subject knowledge and content knowledge will be crucial in becoming an effective instructor. It will be paramount to have every instructor go through the course from a student standpoint as part of the onboarding process. 

Students can succeed more when we are more knowlegable in guiding them on how to use the e-learning. They can communicate with us directly and we can help them navigate through whatever question or concern they have. 

I think some of the more important things to keep in mind while being an online course instructor are to have a handle on how to access all the tools available to us and to communicate (in a variety of ways) with the students. 

It is very important to understand the CMS for your school.  All the possibilites that it can allow to happen and what you can/cannot do.  You have to change up how material is presented to engage students.

Modules are a great learning format.  I need to familiarize myself with how the online program works so that I am ready to assist the students.  

It is important for learners to feel supported in the classroom and online, and it is up to the teacher to provide that support! Online support can be provided by maintaining a consistent presence online. I plan on replying to all of my students discussion answers or comments in a timly manner, to show them that I am reading their responses and I can clarify any questions. 

It is very important to understand the technology you are using. Students will feel much more comfortable if they can trust that the teacher is versed and able to answer questions and have things run smoothly.

In this module, I have learned how to implament effective communicative skills when speaking over the phone, writing a letter, and having an in-person conversation. These simple tools help with stucture and work together to make a more cohesive and productive conversation and objective that is clear. 

It's not enough to possess the knowledge and experience to teach. Faculty must also be comfortable with their institution's CMS technology in order to take advantage of the tools available for e-learning. A lot happens in the front-end so delivery of instruction can take place successfully.

I must review the material , use the CMS , help the students as much as possible 

Sign In to comment