Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As each of us is individual and brings different backgrounds and experiences to the table, it is imperative we all understand the objectives, learning platform and assessment of each course.  While I may require one thing from my students, my peer may require something different.  I need to invite conversation and interaction with not only my students, but fellow peers in order to make the process as conducive to long-term retention and easy of maneuvering through the course. 

I like the format of learning modules. The online information that instructors use can be different and still reach the same goal.

Online learning has advanced considerably in the last few years.  The fact that we have access to high levels of support means that as instructors we are equipped as necessary to handle students, questions, and content effectively.  

It's important for online instructors to not only familiarize themselves with the CMS but also the support systems in place at their specific institution. It's also important to be aware of all updates and policy/procedure changes.

I have learned that there is a lot more than just sitting down or speaking by phone or emailing a student to provide information or assist them. This module went in depth how our interaction can be more effective and more valuable if we prepare in advance, pay more attention to our body language and delivery and avoid miscommunication and mistrust. 

Learned all of the responsibilities as instructors from a support standpoint. 

I must have a complete understanding o hoe to use the learning management system that is being used. This will ensure a well thought out and organized learning process for the student, keeping thier focus on the material at hand. 

This environment is a tough one to connect with students as the face-to-face isn't there; however, if we are able to still challenge them and make the course interactive and engaging, they will respond in turn.

Through "Course Delivery" module, I learned that it is important to familiarize oneself with the CMS.  Becoming familiar with CMS - knowing what it allows instructors to do, and what it allows students to do, will help in effective online teaching and learning.

I learned about the importance of using the role as an student as well , so we can familiarize ourselves with the issues they may confront. 

understanding the types of communication is essential in admissions, the most prevelant used are face to face and telephone.  during training with representatives we need to make sure they are always prepared for the telephone conversation, we make sure they have a plan of what they are going to discuss and what questions need to be covered and answered, once all the information is gathered it is imparative that they recap what to student said and get confirming comprehension to ensure they understood.  The same goes for the face to face conversations, using collateral and materials to discuss the program of interest and the institutions benifits to the students. 

Not all instructors will use the same tecniques.

I believe that the tools that we use as thecnical support must be based on a well studied and fluid communicational structure.

I'e learned that an instructor needs to be familiar with all aspects of how he or she will deliver instruction and they need to understand that one size does not fit all.

Knowing that there is "someone behind the wheel" and able to answer their questions provides a confidence and calm in the student body. Also, being secure that all questions are welcome--we don't know what we don't know, until we do--will help to alleviate student stress and anxiety.

I have learned that we all have different teaching styles but what elements we need to be prepared stay the same. We need to know what is due, what to post (announcements etc) and learn about the student. I also learned the different ways a course can be structured that the most popular is the module and lesson structure. This section also taught about the support infrastructure in an online program.

The more the students are actively engaged, the more they will retain and learn.  They are seeking "do-it" activities and want my feedback on their efforts. 

ensuring success with elearning is key

As an instructor I will familarize myself with the CMS and content. 

I need to familarize myself as an instructor with the CMS at my institution. I feel, if I find out how each student learns best i can apply more effective learning tools. 

Sign In to comment