Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

it is important to have an understanding of the age group you are dealing with and make sure to hold the engagement as some students can sometimes be overshadowed by front and center students who often speak up. 

As the instructure, you need to be in controll of the class by being engaging. As a new clincal intrutrue thisis sometimes difficult  when teaching a course. For example teaching nursing student, in the clas oyu have lpn, and cna. LPN and CNA's as basic knowlege and someytimes they try to take over. 

I have learned about the role of instructor to provide encouragement and give instructional support for students who are falling behind. Also, the course explains well how to incorporate all the students to participate in the class and avoid distractors. 

I learned from this module how to deal with different distracting students and how to overcome their actions in class.

Good insights into how totame theshow-off, involve the shy types.

I love when students get calls in class. The first time I hear a ringtone or vibration, I sprint to the student and insist to talk to whoever is calling. This is all presented playfully, as a gag. "I wanna talk! I wanna talk!" They're usually so surprized that they'll either mute the phone or actually let me answer. When I do get to answer, I usually answer with "Atlanta Police Dept. Zone 6, this is Sarg. Whatever." Always gets a laugh and the phones are silent for the remainder of the term.

Really enjoyed this lesson, I have a fresh outlook on how to teach my students and not get upset over this issues I can overcome now.

Make it so the students have the opportunity to interact and feel apart of the discussion. 

There will be these types of students in every class.

However, there are great ways to suggest improvements for inattentive students or ready to quit students.

Make sure all students feel included!

It's important to get to know your students and what is relevant to them in order to possibly keep them engaged.

Realizing that you have to keep control is very important. The ideas are helpful in many ways.

Learning how to deal with all the different types of students we have and learning how to deal with the different situation in a positive way. 

Engaging all students as individuals takes attention and the instructor being present in each class, not simply delivery the material.  Can make or break student learning. 

Use it wisely cards are a great way to keep the class focused and reduce center stage students from taking up the whole class and allowing others room to participate 

I had heard making your presents known before this and it works well, from cell phone use to a conversation while you're lecturing. just walking around the room and being in their space will change their behavior. 

keep everyone involved in the class and activities.

I have at least one of all of these students in one class or the other. I love the idea about the "use-it-wisely" cards. I definitely am going to try this strategy. I also have students that seem uninterested. I like the idea of rotating the students from the back of the class to the front of the class. I think this module has been extremely helpful!

I have had talkative, disruptive, and inattentive students. This sections was helpful in showing new ways to deal with these behaviors. 

Keep your focus on all the students. Let the attentive students talk but keep a limitation, make them observer. Try to involve all students in the discussions.

Shah Rahman

Directing questions and asking for opinions from a variety of students can help tone down the spotlight student.

Sign In to comment