Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivating helps students to get excited about their choice in study. Motivations help the students to be successful. 

This module described important concepts regarding student retention. Offering learning techniques like mnemonics can be used to reinforce objectives and make connections especially when combined with application activities.  

Students are motivated too if the instructor will provide students to learn and get involved.

In this module I learned using "um" and "ah" during a lecture or lab session sends the message to students I am unsure about what I am talking about. Instead, I need to pause to get my thoughts together and then speak.

One of the most powerful quotes from the Harvard Business School videos was, "great teachers transcend the message - they're believable."  The overarching theme of rapport and getting to know your students really comes through in this module.  By getting to know the students, a professor can hone in on how to motivate them to succeed.  That motivation and rapport through honesty and integrity are vital to student retention.

i learned that motivation is extremely important in helping students learn. Life experiences and immediate feedback promotes the joy of learning. Giving students life examples of course content helps them stay engaged. It is important for students to know material and be able to use it in practice.

Learning from 'Harvard School",  4 elements of a great teacher.  I do not quite understand the 4th element.

Student motivations aren't simple or unilateral.  The best way to keep a student motivated is to understand that student.  You must know why the student is in the course, what they want to get out of it, and what their concerns are so that you can keep them focused.

In order for students to reach their full learning potential, it is important that teachers support and motivate them.  If students feel that the teacher is not concerned with their well being in the class, they are less likely to put forth effort.

Dana Redmond

Empowering and motivating students is key to their successful outcomes. Giving positive reinforcement is key. An open learning class room is important, as well as consistent feedback.

I motivate the students through giving positive reinforcements, feedbacks and ensuring that they are all understanding the information. Develop a good trust to the students.

In this module, I learned that the most effective trait of being a motivating instructor is to focus on student's success and excitement about the field. A good teacher knows content, each student, respectful of students and their bounderies of learning, and aware of teaching style in able to transcend the message. 

Knowing and respecting my role as an instructor, alongside knowing my students, is extremely important to the success of my students as learners, as well as myself as the instructor.  The instructor sets the tone for the entire learning experience and journey and must to done with clarity, enthusiasm, and care.

Students learn through their instrudtors enthusiasm and experience. We need to ptovide feedback (positive or negative) to motivate students.

This module was all about motivating students for continued engagement in the classroom environment.  I learned strategies on how to become a better teacher, one that is not only focused on curriculum, but also truly developing a relationship with their students.  I believe this is integral in developing trust with my students, to actually get to know them and learn about the experiences they have acquired to create curriculum that coincides with those topics. 

I have learned the importance to show clarity and show enthusiasm in your course. 

I learned more about the importance of keeping the lesson real for the student.  Learn each student and what motivates them.

To motivate students and it encourages learning.

motivate students by being excited about your topic and then they'll get excited. don't drown them with excessive tasks and assigemtsn. also: don't embarass your studnts and they'll shut down and not want to ask qustions, rather encourage them and celebrate their small achievements as they happen. 

This provided a great reminder to know content, but know students to keep them engaged.

Sign In to comment