Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is important to find ways to motivate students. Students also benefit from instructors that understand the challenges they face in attaining an education.

This is a fine balance between instructor and students. First of all, we must be realistic, which means having emphathy, things will happen and we must help our students. At the same time we must make it clear what is to be expected of them with a clear outline in the syllabus, this way they can manage the semester. Be engaging with them to also not make the class feel like a chore and to build motivation. 

Motivation increases as students see more applications for what they kearned.  Connecting this to the real world careers helps them see what they will soon be doing in their career. It also boosts their confidence and they can begin seeing themselves outside the classroom setting. 

how important it is to have reinforcement and be motivated as an instructor

It is important to help your adult students learn by modifying the education to meet their learning needs. Motivation is key and a variety of teaching techniques should be utilized to help reach each student and keep them energized in their learning. 

This module stressed the importance of individual motivation and the instructors obligation to recognize and utilize them. This is valuable for student motivation and empowerment when navigating the course.

We have to know our students to motivate them.

The ways in which one can motivate students is by reinforcing subject acquisition through immediate feedback, demonstrationof retention, and transference of skills to practical applications. This is something which I will apply to my instructional strategies to enhance retention of subject matter and enthusiasm for learning.

In this module I have learned several techniques for motivating students.  I find these methods very applicable to an online course. 

if i am motavated then hopehope my students will be , i like to get one on one and talk about what they are doing and why they need to do this the way we are teaching 

It is important to know the reasons behind what motivates the student in order to know what techniques you will need to use in order to motivate that student.

I learned you need to lead by example, motivate, be kind, listen, and encourage your students success

Motivating students is correlated to showing your passion in your field.   You need to know what excites you to teach.   

Learner motivation is a significant topic to keep in mind when teaching and preparing for your class. I feel by remembering that adult learners are goal oriented, relevancy oriented, and practical , the instructor can build on motivational strategies to help students become successful in their learning . Motivation utilizing  reinforcement through immediate feedback is a cornerstone for learner motivation .

In this section I learned that being a good teacher means having a combination of skill that effectively help you teach your students by being enthusiastic and engaged.

I appreciated finding ways to inspire and ignite students' interrnal motivation for learning. The "Student Motivation Enhancers" of reinforcemnt, retention, and transference gave me practical suggestions for keeping students engaged in the learning process.

About the important on retention in Learning!

if your are excited about the material you are teaching, the student will follow suit!

I learned that motivating your students is important to program success.  All students depend on instructor enthusciasum. Students learn through our interest & experience.

Teachers can motivate their students by 1. knowing the subject, 2. knowing the students, 3. creating a safe learning environment, and 4. transcending the message.  We do this by offering expertise, empathy, enthusiasm, and clarity.  Clarity means good preparation and organization.  We should create opportunities for the students to have mnemonic memory building activities (hands on learning) and tie it back to the episodic theoretical learning.  That creates a working memory which translates to students becoming contributers to society rather than merely students learning for nothing.

Sign In to comment