Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

students mirror the emotions of the instructor, that is if the instructor is excited and demonstrates this excitement then students will follow.  as instructors we cannot expect students to do these things on their own, they need to be motivated and the modeling from the instructor is so important

Students really respond to the level of enthusiasm that the instructor has. If you clearly want to be there, they are more likely to want to be there!

Students do want to know you are an expert, and you want them to be also.

I learned that in order for students to be motivated, you must have a positive attitude and be motivated in your teaching as well, and through that approach it can rub off on the students outlooks. Looking forward to focusing on this in the future. 

I liked the section on motivation and how to keep students motivated. I thought it was interesting about point values and extra credit. Students will work harder for bonus points or when it is worth 100 points instead of 10.

letting the students know that we all make mistakes and it is ok. Establishing trust and empathy will help motivate the students to be more engaged in the class

I have learned that motivating your students is good on a daily bases.  Some students need help in building the self-esteem and believing they are able to succeed in new challenges in their life. 

Doris R. Owens

Motivaging students through reinforcement, keeping the concept of learning positive, motivates and encouages the learner as if all scored work will need to be 100%, Leads the student to work for the higher goals of self-reflection. Motivating through retention enables them to learn, store, retrieve & apply this new information. This will allow student to succeed based on application in the "Ah Ha" moment as they see what they learn is intergrated into their careers. This results in their transference of skills learned are now applied increaseing the learning pathways. 

Knowing your students is vital; involve them with/from their life learned skills; create an environment where they want to take risks. keeping this true intrinsic motivation at amaximum level. Witnessing where students move from being students to contributors reaching their goals of their course of studies.

Just as empathy is critical in the field of nursing, it is important in the field of nursing education. I will be working to get to know my students' stories to help them feel included and cared for as they work their way through our program.

This module taught me that I have a responsibility in engaging and motivating my students. Knowing the content is great, but a true educator is able to help motivate their students to really understand and utilize that information. 

Motivate students by engaging them.

Use your own enthusiasm and experience to help draw the learner to the subject and keep them engaged in the learning experience. 

know your students

I learned that it's important to really show your passion to students to help motivate them and be successful.

Giving personal experiences during class shows students what real life in the field is like.  They appreciate the real life scenarios we discuss and I give feedback on some of the decisions they bring up.  This helps them to understand all aspects of the field and ways to overcome certain situations.

knowing the material you are teaching is a plus.  I have learned that we are all humans and mistakes and errors happen.

Speaking clearly, so that the material is understood.  

Motivation involves showing caring and interest in teaching. The faith of your students are also in your hands. Be kind, trustworthy, encouraging, and treat everyone equally fair.

Communicating with my students about the content, and the subject. I understand that my students may not be used to my teaching style, so I listen to what they are saying and respond immediately and calmly to support them. I try to encourage my students to earn their respect. If the class gets off topic, I redirect the conversation back to the topic as easily with providing support to my students.

It is important to make learning relevant and real for the students.  They have to do more than memorize, they have to be able to apply and integrate knowledge into their practice.

Keeping students motivated and engaged is critical to their progress in the curriculum. However, keeping instructors motivated is equally important. When instructors start to feel "burned out" and succumb to exhaustion, the classroom environment will suffer. Learn to recognize these signs early and make adjustments to keep the mood lively, entertaining, and informative.

Sign In to comment