Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Comment on Laura Hogins's post: I have found it very helpful to have plenty of backup resources and activities. Sometimes it seems that there isn't enough time to finish all the work and other times the goals and objectives were met sooner than I expected. Having backup activities and plans has been very helpful. 

Utilize mini-lessons where possible-this will keep students focused in spurts of 15-18 minute increments.

When you build rapport with your students, they are more likely to connect with the content you are sharing and retain it better.

We generally only remember about 25% of what we hear.

We generally only retain 40% of what we read.

We can listen 4 times faster than we can speak.

Humans are wired with the ability to comprehend 5 to 7 items and after that the retention rate starts to drop dramatically. 

I loved the refresher course on the different teaching styles and how students learn. It is important to vary your teaching style to accommodate all of these different learning styles. As a new instructor, I tend to default to standard lecturing and this helped me see how I can improve. 

I totally agree with having a variety of teaching/learning methods and engaging in the class. No one wants to be lectured at for hours. Having interactions between teacher and students during demonstrations and case studies help break up the lecture.

Vary your delivery options throughout lessons to reach every student and their learning style. 

Its a good idea to videotape you lectures. I've often wanted to do that but never have. I might give it a try.

To prevent students from getting bored use multiply teaching strategies

learning to diversities in my teaching techniques, to be more effective in reaching all learning types

I need to remember that even if I can delivery the course content lesson plans will assist anyone that may need to fill in for me.

Prepare and practice all of your demonstrations no matter how long you have performed the procedure in the past.

Teaching strategies should vary to address multiple learning styles.

Having different teaching methods for different student learning.

The Teaching plan should incorporate various styles of delivery.  I need to periodically video myself to pick up on any negative actions that could affect the learning process for the student.

Have a great lesson plan, but be flexible when needed. 

a good emotional IQ goes a long way in feeling the tone of the room and making the class a fun and informative experience

when introducing content to students, try to deliver information in a variety of styles to assure that all students are grasping of what is being taught. Preparing is very important and knowing the subject thoroughly is important because students can seek questions with different frames of minds. Deliver the topic in ways that will allow students can digest and understand the study at hand and be open minded with teaching strategies. 

Utilizing different delivery methods to teach content so all learning styles are included.

I plan to incorporate more than one technique during class lecture. That way I can get the topic across in different ways. 

Sign In to comment