Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

STILL PUSHING 

Have flexibility with your lesson plans

Based on what I learned, I shall try my best to accommodate all my students and their varying learning styles by varying my teaching style.

I need to ensure that I am aware of the various types of lectures and how each of them can provide a greater experience for the students taking my course. 

Practicing a demo is not the same as reading from a script for a lecture and a sort of comfortability should be exuded during lectures with ease, whereas the demo should be precise

keep students motivated and use different teaching styles.

Content development needs to have a variety of learning styles considered. This way every student's learning needs are met.

Vary your teaching style to reach as many students as possible. Practice demos prior to the start of class.

that there is no one way of teaching and varying styles will help keep students engaged and motivated

When delivering course content, ensure that the course materials are presented in a way in which students will understand, and retain rhe information and also the importance of the content.

Teaching style should be provided in as many forms as possible. 

Interactive Lecture is a type of brainstorming style.

Different people learn in different ways. It's important to change your delivery in order to reach all of your students .

To deliver the course content i would first discuss it with the student so they all can get on the same page and then I would test their knowledge with random questions about the course content.

Remembering that we only have a 10 to 18 min. attention span and the ability to comprehend 5 to 7 items and after that the retention rate starts to drop dramatically. 

It is important to keep students interested. You can do this by changing up teaching styles to meet individual learning needs. It is also important to practice demonstrations ahead of time, interact with the students during the demonstration and reflect at the end of class to see how the demonstration helped and how it could be improved. 

It was very interesting to learn the various limitations that people have with certain instructional delivery plans.  For example, only remembering 25% of what you hear.  It is important to create plans with multiple forms of delivery to increase retention and reach a variety of learning styles.  I also enjoyed the video on learning that highlights the importance of students learning something about themselves as a means to motivate them.

I need to start practicing my lesson plan more often and utilizing the different delivery methods 

It is nice knowing that there can be too much information or not enough information in a certain amount of time. Spacing out the information and getting it through using different methods seems to be a good thing. Also always being prepared is best to practice in case of failure during demonstrations.

Developing a lesson plan that creates a successful outcome in the classroom. Utilizing a variety of delivery methods to give my lecture a more focused driven approach. 

Sign In to comment