Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Comprehensively prepare for class to help yourself and learners meet the course objectives

to provide interesting information and opening to maintain student' engagement.

Provide a variety of methods and learn your students learning styles. 

In this section I learned to have my lectures prepared beforehand, choose a style of lecture that will work for my students, utilize multiple styles of teaching to meet different learning styles, and incorporate mini-lectures which are 10 to 15 minutes.

Each student and their learning style is unique.

Preparation is a huge part of success. Having your lecture organized and efficient will help to convey the message you are trying to teach. Addressing as many learning styles as possible to capture your audience. 

This will help me use different techniques to help different students learn the material.

Using different types of content delivery will keep students engaged and help students with variable learning styles.

Every individual have a dominant learning style. It is improtant that the instructor ensure they use all the different learning styles while teaching. It is also important to make the students understand that reading is the prefered learning style as this enablles the learner to understand the content of what is expected of them to learn. Structure what is to be learnt in trenches of 10-15 minutes to foster retention. While using the demonstration method of teach which is usually for practicals, ensure to circulate around to see what the students are doing in order to ensure that they are doing the righht thing and correct immidiately what they are doing wrongly.

As an adult I know I get bored by just having to listen to a long lecture.  Breaking up the lectures by doing different activities can help the learner stay on track and maintain interest in the subject being learned.

The instructor will have a certain teaching style, but the instructor may have to adjust that teaching style based on the students learning style. 

Taking the necessary time to learn the individual learning styles of your students and preparing ahead of time to effectively teach the material.

Various teaching styles can be used depending on external factors such as, class size, advancement level, material being covered, ect. It is important to consider attention span.

If there is rapport between you and your students they will connect with the content you are sharing and their retention will be higher. They will be focused on what you are sharing with them because they know you consider this information important.

They help to keep the students interested and engaged in learning. Students like variety in delivery to help keep them focused.

Vary your teaching style to accommodate as many students as possible. Try breaking lectures up into 15-18 minute increments divided by some sort of class discussion or break.

Prepare lesson plans that have different learning styles. Having a variety of learning styles will be beneficial to not one but most students. We want students to be engaged and have their full attention and with a combination of 15 min lectures and hands on lesson plans.

Everyone learns differently and you need to accomadate to those difference to ensure student success.

Remember most students have an attention span of 15 to 20 minutes.  An instructor should be aware this so as to keep salient information concise and emphasized. 

Make sure to be prepared and develop a teaching style that can fit various students.

makes changes in your teaching style. don't make the demo's steps to long. 

Sign In to comment