Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I should develop lesson plans and practice my lectures prior to performing them.  

Everyone learns differently varying your teacher style will help all students learn effectively.

I have learned that lecture does not have to be boring. It can include case studies, group sessions and discussions .I plan to implement these during my lecture sessions.  Also to ensure that each activity is no longer than 15 minutes.

Adults have an attention span between 15-18 minutes so try to keep your lectures no longer than that at a time. Rehearse and practice your lectures before the class happens, especially new instructors. When ending class for the day ask the students what was learned, and you may provide what you think can be better. Lastly and most importantly, make sure to keep the students engaged with various deliveries, positive and motivating feedback, to ensure a healthy learning environment.

Developing strategies that is effective in student learning does not only makes teaching and learning fun but alos effective. 

Having a good balance of lecture and demonstrations will give the students a better understanding of what you are trying to present.

Practice your demonstrattin before hand.

understanding that not all information is retained, and how to get the students to retain the most. also using different teaching methods to keep them engaged and learning. 

Always practice demonstratons before performing them for the class.....and have a backup plan.

Class preparation will make or break your class. You only have so much time to convey the content that meet academic requirements and not being prepared for the class wastes time that could be utilized working with students.

practice all demostrations and use a teaching style to ensure that if not all , most are learning efficiently.

Learning Lecture styles, Formats and How to prepare a Lecture. As well as learning how to deliver your content to your students with different ways to do demonstrations. 

Be creative in delivery -keepstidents engaged

Students have different learning styles, so I must use different teaching styles in order to reach them

Always practice a demonstration beofre class.

Recognize students as they complete the process correctly. This is a motivation for them to be successfull and will not feel being picked on if there issues to be addressed in the future.

Use different teaching and lecture styles, prepare prior to class

Delivery is Key whether this is information or a demonstration. I also like the idea of the TED talk structure and there expectations.

I like Michael Taylors responses to all of this, It shows that he is in pursuit of becoming an well rounded and excellent teacher.

I like the 10 to 15 min blocks of learning.  The information about humans being able to follow 5 to 7 instructional steps at a time will also be useful.

Be creative and change up things in class as much as possible to help keep students interest.

Sign In to comment