Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Try and make the lesson as active as possible and use a variety of teaching styles to mix it up.  If appropriate use case studies to take to higher levels of learning.

I took numerous things from this section. I will try instituting the different learning styles into teaching my teaching while remembering that mini lectures tend to be effective. 

Remember that each student learns differently, with that being said as an instructor we need to assess and plan on incorporating the different teaching methods to our lessons/courses so that the students understands what you are presenting and can complete the class/course successfully. 

to be aware and observant of students different learning styles and nonverbal ques.

Different delivery methods will be interesting to me, too! It would be good to find a blog or something that lists ideas for how to deliver anatomy lectures in a variety of different ways.

Try to incorporate different styles of teaching as keeping it to just one will make it more difficult for students to keep paying attention. 

It is important to vary your teaching style to not only keep students interested, but also to teach to the different learning styles.

It's important to use different types of teaching strategies to keep students interested

I learnt the importance of flexing your instruction to accomodate the different learning styles. 

Make sure each learning style is demonstrated. 

learned about the usefullness of "mini-lectures" less than 20min to keep attention span

try to keep instrctuons under 7 items, as humans just have trouble with more than this

well prepped lecture/demos will be practiced a bit beforehand to get a good feel for it/make sure it works

informal start to lectures allows you to get a feel for the group that day

Take notes on how you can improve. If you see areas you may notice students are not grasping, it could be an opportunity for you to clarify your teaching,

The various teachings styles and observing the needs of each student

This module taught me that  the attention span of most individuals is only about  15-18 minute range and people typically on remember 25% of what they hear! As an instructor, our job is to meet all of the learning needs of the students, while constantly measuring the effectiveness of my instruction. 

When doing a demonstration, allow students to practice right away.  Make sure that all students are able to see your demonstration.

There are obviously a wide variety of delivery styles.  Choose the one that suits you and your subject matter best.  It must also capture the attention and interest of the student.

In organizing your lecture notes you will need a method that cues you to the content you want to cover, points and examples you wish to highlight, and activities you want to do with your students.

Vary teaching methods throughout classtime and keep instruction/demonstrations to 10-15 minutes to allow maximum retention of materials covered.

Be sure to use as many ways that students learn as possible.  Keep your lectures to 10 - 15 minutes before asking students questions, giving a scenario for them to solve, or using video or another method that will keep them engaged.  

be sensitive to reach as many students as possible,using various learning processes.

Sign In to comment