Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This section has actually energizde me to try a completely diiferent approach to one of my subjects.  I am getting very excited about the ideas that are running through my head right now.  I can't wait to try them.

I think the people learn in seing hearing and actually doing. You can lose a person with a long lecture. Make the powerpoints interesting with lots of images and color.  Nowadays with social media, and technology we tend to have a short attention span and we get bored easily. Also most people to not enjoy reading they read a paragraph or two then move on. 

Using a variety of teaching methods is more beneficial to the students knowledge retention.

Try to include different teaching to help students will different learning skills.

Most lectures should be around 15 minutes long.  Be prepared with information so you can properly deliver it.  Engage yoyr students before class to set the tone

It is important to be overly prepared and to use variation the classroom as there are different learning styles. It is crucial to keep students engaged in material.

This module focused on teaching and learning styles.  It is important to use a variety of different styles in order to encompass your students various learning styles.  

I will continue documenting how to improve demonstartion methods. Also I will try to incorporate more case studies as this will give my nursing students more exposure to scenarios that will occur in clinicals.

Taking into account the different styles of learning to try to include as many students as possible. 

Students have different learning styles and you have to consider using all of them in order for them to understand and learn the content. 

Keeping lectures interactive and short, but never scrimp on the purpose or summary. Allow for Q and A to validate if content was understood and knowledge gained.

The intergration of 15 mini lessons. I still have to decipher how to shorten without loosing content and overall structure. No matter what delivery we choose, it's all about time management 

everyone learns different.  vary your instruction styles.  

Getting to know the students in order to use different teaching methods. For example, some students are hands on learners, some students read to learn, some need to listen to a lecture to learn......

I need to not overwhelm my students with more information and maximize the learning of only a handful of ideas at a time.

delivery methods are important, people all learn differently.

There are many teaching styles. 

plan ahead, be prepared, and vary the delivery methods 

I have learned how important it is to practice before giving a demonstration regardless how many times you have performed that task in the past. I am planning to practice before every demonstration.

Us all four types of learing to best educate the learners 

Sign In to comment